Bellarmine 84 Findlay 66

tcjkbt

(DII Tournament)

Bellarmine whips Findlay to advance to the NCAA DII Elite Eight. The Knights breezed through the Midwest Regional. The eight teams advancing to the Elite Eight will be seeded by the Division II Men's Basketball Committee upon completion of the Regionals.

Congratulations to the Knights.

Anyone have a stat line for the kid from Augusta who plays at Bellermine and the kid from CovCath who is at Findlay?

Brent Bach was 1/3 in 7 minutes. Ben Weyer was 1/4 in 12 minutes.

Nick Ruthsatz is now just Joe Student at Findlay. No longer playing.

Thanks for the always good info. IMO just shows how deep the talent pool is, even at the D-II and D-III levels. Especially in a sport like basketball, where only five players can be on the floor.

Bach was a very high quantity scorer in HS.

Weyer is still young, but was one of the better players in the state as a HS senior IMO.

Nick was a really hard nosed kid, with a great handle, and was for a time CCH's all-time leading scorer.

As far as deep talent goes, S.X alum, Connor McKim, was the Freshman of the Year in the Sunshine State Conference playing for Rollins College. He made a 3-pointer with 3 seconds left to win the conference tournament and had 9 points and 4 assists in a 72-68 win over Alabama-Huntsville to advance to the DII Elite Eight. Maybe they'll play Bellarmine, his hometown school........ I think DII re-seeds for the Elite Eight.

As far as deep talent goes, S.X alum, Connor McKim, was the Freshman of the Year in the Sunshine State Conference playing for Rollins College. He made a 3-pointer with 3 seconds left to win the conference tournament and had 9 points and 4 assists in a 72-68 win over Alabama-Huntsville to advance to the DII Elite Eight. Maybe they'll play Bellarmine, his hometown school........ I think DII re-seeds for the Elite Eight.

Saw the Rollins team last weekend in Huntsville. They are big. I've seen Huntsville play several times this year and Rollins must be pretty darn good to have taken them down. Also have Had the pleasure of seeing Bellermie play. It would be a pretty good match up. I'd still give the edge to the Knights.

Anyone who thinks their kid is "DI" should refer back to this post and realize just how good DI really is.

Anyone who thinks their kid is "DI" should refer back to this post and realize just how good DI really is.

There are levels within the divisions as well. The majors and mid-majors can be very different especially down the bench. There are a handful of very good D2 schools that have D1 capable players or players who transferred from D1, and these teams can compete with mid-majors or low to mid D-1 schools.

If I had a dime for every parent I know that thinks their kid is going to play for UK when they're dominating in the 3rd grade, I'd have a couple of dollars and no amount of AAU and playing 12 months out of the year is going to change that. I've seen it time after time after time in all sports, girls and boys just in the area where I live

If I had a dime for every parent I know that thinks their kid is going to play for UK when they're dominating in the 3rd grade, I'd have a couple of dollars and no amount of AAU and playing 12 months out of the year is going to change that. I've seen it time after time after time in all sports, girls and boys just in the area where I live

Just look at all the kids who do go D1 and find out they can't play there and transfer down to D2 or lower.