Bengals sign Andre Smith

This is par for the course. They let their best lineman go in Zeitler and the sign a tackle they let go already who never came close to living up to his potential.

Wow.

I see them moving him to RG. Which I think he actually will end up being a a good guard. Much better than he was as a tackle.

He has always been a very good road grader, not as good as a pass protector. Guard would be interesting. They have to get their running game going. Center is still their problem and has been for the last few years. That position is much more important than guards. '

Bodine is the guy I can't believe they keep.

As @futurecoach has pointed out, it sounds like the Bengals envision Andre as a guard:

Andre offers giant flexibility as Bengals go on guard

It looks like it will be a familiar face in a new place. Indications are the Bengals are going to play Smith at right guard next to new starting right tackle Jake Fisher. Smith, 30, who started 73 games at right tackle for the Bengals over seven seasons before taking a one-year deal in Minnesota last year, doesn’t have an NFL start at guard. But he’s practiced there for the Bengals and it has long been thought that his powerful frame, sheer strength, and athletic feet would make him an elite guard.

As @futurecoach has pointed out, it sounds like the Bengals envision Andre as a guard:

Andre offers giant flexibility as Bengals go on guard

It looks like it will be a familiar face in a new place. Indications are the Bengals are going to play Smith at right guard next to new starting right tackle Jake Fisher. Smith, 30, who started 73 games at right tackle for the Bengals over seven seasons before taking a one-year deal in Minnesota last year, doesn’t have an NFL start at guard. But he’s practiced there for the Bengals and it has long been thought that his powerful frame, sheer strength, and athletic feet would make him an elite guard.

I like it!!!