PurplePride92's Sweet 16 Preview with Spectrum Sports

I like it, but I think you are underselling Cooper a little. Cooper is on probably the hottest streak in the state, winning like 22/23 games with the only loss being a 3 point loss at CovCath. Other than that I thought you did a fantastic job sir

After I got done I mentioned to my wife that I wish I had more time to speak on Cooper. Where they are a Louisville based station they cater to the Meade County crowd more than the NKY crowd so the focus was more about "can Meade County beat Cooper" as opposed to "can Cooper win the Sweet 16". Then after that I mentioned the 4-5 teams I expect to cut down the nets and in hindsight a team that is as strong as Cooper is defensively along with the talent that they have they are as much as a threat as anyone. I hate I didn't get a chance to say that live.

After I got done I mentioned to my wife that I wish I had more time to speak on Cooper. Where they are a Louisville based station they cater to the Meade County crowd more than the NKY crowd so the focus was more about "can Meade County beat Cooper" as opposed to "can Cooper win the Sweet 16". Then after that I mentioned the 4-5 teams I expect to cut down the nets and in hindsight a team that is as strong as Cooper is defensively along with the talent that they have they are as much as a threat as anyone. I hate I didn't get a chance to say that live.

I totally understand your point there about speaking to the area of the state most tuned in. Just wanted to plug my boys in there lol. You did great work and were very insightful! Should be a fun five days with as many as six or so teams that can make a run and cut down the nets on Sunday!!

On a side note, I'll be in Rupp Arena Thursday evening and would like to meet some of the BGP'ers if anyone is going to be there. I like to put faces to names ha ha

I really hope they surprise a lot of people, you did nothing the rest of the state doesn't do when it comes to Cooper. You're in the Louisville area and don't know the schools up north very well, it's understandable. Edited by Hellbird

I totally understand your point there about speaking to the area of the state most tuned in. Just wanted to plug my boys in there lol. You did great work and were very insightful! Should be a fun five days with as many as six or so teams that can make a run and cut down the nets on Sunday!!

On a side note, I'll be in Rupp Arena Thursday evening and would like to meet some of the BGP'ers if anyone is going to be there. I like to put faces to names ha ha

You'll recognize this old face, I'll be there! :)

I feel you there! Good luck to your Jags! I'm looking forward to watching them play!

I really hope they surprise a lot of people, you did nothing the rest of the state doesn't do when it comes to Cooper. You're in the Louisville area and don't know the schools up north very well, it's understandable.
Louisville area?

I like it, but I think you are underselling Cooper a little. Cooper is on probably the hottest streak in the state, winning like 22/23 games with the only loss being a 3 point loss at CovCath. Other than that I thought you did a fantastic job sir

There are quite a few teams that are just as hot as Cooper:

Bowling Green - 25 game win streak

Fern Creek - 19 game win streak

Scott County - 22 game win streak in state

Hopkinsville - won 21 of 22 games in state

Cooper - won 24 of 25 games

The anticipated winner comes from those 5 + Ballard who has won 13 of last 14.