Bengals re-sign Dre Kirkpatrick

5 years $10 mill a year!!!!

Holy crud. This franchise proves

again why they will never win anything big.

$10 mill a year???!!!!!!

Merry Christmas Dre. I predict a PI for every million he gets a season.

I only made

this thread because I didn't see

ine made 5 days ago when he signed. Miss you can delete if you like.

5 years $10 mill a year!!!!

Holy crud. This franchise proves

again why they will never win anything big.

$10 mill a year???!!!!!!

Merry Christmas Dre. I predict a PI for every million he gets a season.

I only made

this thread because I didn't see

ine made 5 days ago when he signed. Miss you can delete if you like.

Have to disagree with you here. This was a good signing. In fact Dre even said other teams offered him more, he just hates change and likes it here.

The Bengals had no choice really. With Jones losing a step, possible suspension and or getting Cut. Dennarrd injury prone, and Jackson talented but zero experience. They basically had no choice but to bring him back. While he is frustrating as can be, he has seemed to have gotten better.

If we let him go, the secondary would be like our o line. Lots of question makes. This defense did finish 11th in the NFL is scoring defense. So bringing most of them back and hopefully adding young talent in the draft, with Billings also being healthy. Should hopefully make it back to being in the top 10 in defense.

William Jackson III & Kirkpatrick are the starting CB's?

That is the assumption since Jones will either be suspended to start the year or cut. I think Jackson will end up up being very good. However he will make some mistakes this first year im sure.

ESPN doesn’t think that’s a good thing. In their assessment of the most underrated and overrated signings of free agency, they believe the deal Kirkpatrick got made him the most overrated signing thus far when taking into consideration all NFL free agency signings.

ESPN calls Dre Kirkpatrick most overrated NFL free agency signing - Cincy Jungle

ESPN doesn’t think that’s a good thing. In their assessment of the most underrated and overrated signings of free agency, they believe the deal Kirkpatrick got made him the most overrated signing thus far when taking into consideration all NFL free agency signings.

ESPN calls Dre Kirkpatrick most overrated NFL free agency signing - Cincy Jungle

I'm not a huge Kirkpatrick fan but I have no problem with the deal at all. It seems like a lot of money for Dre, but as the article states, it'll pale in comparison to the contracts other similarly situated DB's sign over the next 1-3 seasons. Plus, the guaranteed money is reasonable.

We watch the same player?

Do you watch a lot of corners in the NFL? While he is not an elite corner, there are a lot of corners in the NFL he is better than because he has gotten better. Plus with the whole Adam Jones situation, the Bengals basically had no choice but to make sure they locked him up. So it was a no brainer.

The three years Dre has been a starter or played a lot. The Bengals defense have been in the top 5 in the NFL in holding QB's to the lowest QB ratings in the NFL. They finished 11th in the NFL last year in total passing defense, and they have been in the top 5 in interceptions in the NFL for the last 3 years.

At the end of the day the Bengals secondary may not be great. However we still have it better than most teams in the NFL. It just seems worst than it is, because we see every Bengals game. We don't see every game of every other team, to realize how much worst it truly could be in the secondary.