They Are Not Going To Make It to the Playoffs, But...

My TWolves have started to hit their stride. Lavine getting injured has made the team stronger and Rubio (never thought I would say this) has played really well. He went for a career high in points (22) and assists (19) in a 119-104 win against the Wizards last night.

Since the start of February, KAT has upped his game by averaging about 28 and 13 a contest. He now holds the TWolves record of consecutive games scoring 20+, presently going at 21 games. He is 2nd in the NBA behind Westbrook in double-doubles with 50.

The schedule has been brutal of late and not getting any easier. They sit at 28-38 and I am not seeing a way they catch the Nuggets for the final playoff spot. The TWolves have had about 6 or 7 gut-wrenching losses that is going to cost them a chance at the playoffs.

Their 2nd rotation still stinks. Shabazz has been consistent. Bjelica has been better down this stretch. But Dunn has been a disappointment, Tyus Jones the same. Frankly, I think that Lance gives them more than they do. I think they're still a player or two short. And I think Lavine is hot garbage with all due respect to his vertical.

Their 2nd rotation still stinks. Shabazz has been consistent. Bjelica has been better down this stretch. But Dunn has been a disappointment, Tyus Jones the same. Frankly, I think that Lance gives them more than they do. I think they're still a player or two short. And I think Lavine is hot garbage with all due respect to his vertical.

I love Bazz in the 6th man role. Thibs loves Bjelica and plays him too much at times.

I thought Dunn would be better than he is. Jones I've never had much use for, but he is good for a clutch play once a month. Lavine has worked tremendously hard to get to the level has gotten to, but he has more "6th man of the Year" potential than "top 2 or 3 player" on a team potential. Dude was still averaging about 19 ppg.

They still need a couple of shooters, wing defender, and suitable reserve big. But I am comfortable going forward building around KAT and Wiggy being the #2.

They still need a couple of shooters, wing defender, and suitable reserve big. But I am comfortable going forward building around KAT and Wiggy being the #2.

I can think of one guy that kinda fills all those roles, and he just so happens to be projected to go 9th to the TWolves in the latest mock on Draft Express...Jonathan Isaac.

Lance has been injured and has hardly played. Hasn't seen the court in 3 games.
He is an upgrade for the 2nd rotation no doubt. I have no clue how his ankle is really, but he will make that group better, no matter how you feel about him personally, he brings a toughness to them on both ends of the floor.

• 5 weeks later...

They need some depth. Most teams have been running their B squads for a week, Thibs has been running his 5 starters 30 + each game. Rubio played out of this world after the break, too bad Levine wasn't with them the entire way. It will be interesting to see what happens with them once the rookie deals are set to expire.

They should have drafted Murray instead of Dunn they drafted last year. He would have added another shooter that they needed.

Minnesota ranked dead last in three points made, Murray would make a huge difference on the perimeter.