Fern Creek/Hopkinsville predictions

Fern Creek vs. Hopkinsville  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Fern Creek vs. Hopkinsville

• Fern Creek (33-2)
    • Hopkinsville (28-6)

I HATE that this is a first round game, but it is what it is. I know Hoptown handled FC with ease in their first meeting, but I expect this one to be a little different. Hoptown is geared for pressure and fast pace, forces a lot of teams to play at a speed they don't want to. I think FC is one of the few teams in the state that can play at that pace. Both teams have great guard sets, but I will give the bigs advantage to FC. I think it is close, but I think FC comes out on top, if I had to guess at score I would say a 5 point margin. This should be a GREAT game of up and down the floor ball. I just hope it doesn't become hard to watch basketball because of turnovers as it sometimes does with 2 pressing push the pace teams.

The difference in this game may just be that Hopkinsville has played on this floor and on this stage before, Fern Creek has not. The stage, the size of the floor, the prestige of Rupp all seem to have an effect on teams their first trip.

What is interesting about this matchup is earlier in the year before Hoptown defeated Fern Creek, Coach Haworth said that they match up terribly with Fern Creek. If I remember correctly, he said it was the worst matchup they would have with anyone in the state. Then they went out and played a great game to win.

I wonder how much has changed. I was at that game and I though FC just had a bad game and they didn't seem too interested in playing. When the real Fern Creek shows up, I expect a true battle.

Hoptown has the better backcourt, Fern Creek the better frontcourt. 2nd chance shots will be huge I believe in this game. If Hoptown keeps FC off the boards offensively, they will win. If FC can get those 2nd chance shots, they will win.