92 members have voted

1. 1. Cooper vs. Meade County

• Cooper (28-4)
    • Meade County (13-21)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meade County's record might be the most misleading statistic in the Sweet 16. They have the 3rd Region's top player in James Baker. Baker missed around 20 games due to a thumb injury and the team played one of the toughest schedules in the 3rd Region. The team struggled to adjust without Baker since everything was run through him. The team DOES have other very capable players regardless of what you might read out there. Baker returned from the injury two days before the District Tournament and the team is headed in the right direction. We will see if they can continue to make progress Thursday night.

Impressive for Meade to come out of the region with only 13 wins! Did they play a daunting schedule? Or, get hot at the right time?

Either way, I'll take Cooper. Coach Sullivan has those boys right where they should be.

Meade is 12-2 with James Baker (preseason All-Region, some had him has preseason Region Player of the Year), 1-19 without him.

Guess who's back?

Cooper will just do what they always do, play hard nose defense which is the foundation of Coach Sullivan's team. Playing an extremely tough schedule and coming out of the 9th has prepared them for their first ever trip to the Sweet 16 and if it weren't for a tough 3 point mid-season loss on the road to Covington Catholic without 2 starters they would be on a 25 game winning streak.

Looking forward to Thursday with both 9th Region Co-players of the year along with the Defensive POY.

Meade is 12-2 with James Baker (preseason All-Region, some had him has preseason Region Player of the Year), 1-19 without him.

Guess who's back?

While I am sure he is a good player, and I mean no disrespect to the other players, that tells me there is not a ton after him. Unless this kid is going to score 40, I like Cooper's chances in this one! I am looking forward to this game Thursday! As well as the 6:30 game, had a lot of friends in college from Elliott County

Guess who's back?

That says a lot about the kid if they are 1-19 without him. Will one guy be enough to beat Cooper?? They are very well-rounded and balanced.

If I can ask, who were the 2 losses to with Mr. Baker?

I believe this will be the most lopsided game in the tournament. I get that Baker was out when the Green Wave went 1-19. However, they also haven't played a top 20 all season. The best teams they played were Valley, Bullet East, and N. Hardin, and they were soundly defeated. I don't think one player makes that difference for those teams. Cooper is much, much better than those teams.

Love the run Meade County made, but this is like a 1 seed playing a 16 seed in my eyes. It would be one of the bigger upsets in years if this happens. That said, it is Cooper's first trip in a while, so crazy things can happen.

That says a lot about the kid if they are 1-19 without him. Will one guy be enough to beat Cooper?? They are very well-rounded and balanced.

If I can ask, who were the 2 losses to with Mr. Baker?

8 point loss to Providence from Indiana, 14 point loss to Calloway County, & 12 point loss to Eastern.