Bengals Host Joe Mixon

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wait ?

At the end of the day RB is not one of their biggest needs. If they want to draft one early then might as well go one of the top 2 backs. If not then might as well wait. They say there is a good chance he falls to the third or fourth. Who knows maybe even lower, because while he will get drafted teams will be hesitant probably on when to take him.

At the end of the day RB is not one of their biggest needs. If they want to draft one early then might as well go one of the top 2 backs. If not then might as well wait. They say there is a good chance he falls to the third or fourth. Who knows maybe even lower, because while he will get drafted teams will be hesitant probably on when to take him.

Gotta disagree. RB is absolutely a need. Hill regressed and Bernard is coming off an ACL injury. Burkhead's a nice story but he's not a long term solution.

It wouldn't surprised me if they drafted Fournette if he's there at #9.

Gotta disagree. RB is absolutely a need. Hill regressed and Bernard is coming off an ACL injury. Burkhead's a nice story but he's not a long term solution.

Agree to disagree. We could have put Leveon Bell or Elliot behind our line last year and they wouldn't have done much better. Our line was not good at all at creating any type of holes on a consistent basis last year at all. The best back in the league would not have looked like a top 10 running back behind that line last year.

The line pass blocking and run blocking is a bigger concern that who we have running the ball.

With that said since the Bengals seem to be more content with being in the gun a lot. I would agree having a different style back than Hill is better. Hill is built more for an under center with a full back team. However I wouldn't use an early pick for that. Especially on Fournette because he may be built better for an under center type team too.

I agree running back is a big need currently.

Gotcha. I was wondering if you were waiting because of his troubled past.

Agree to disagree. We could have put Leveon Bell or Elliot behind our line last year and they wouldn't have done much better. Our line was not good at all at creating any type of holes on a consistent basis last year at all. The best back in the league would not have looked like a top 10 running back behind that line last year.

The line pass blocking and run blocking is a bigger concern that who we have running the ball.

With that said since the Bengals seem to be more content with being in the gun a lot. I would agree having a different style back than Hill is better. Hill is built more for an under center with a full back team. However I wouldn't use an early pick for that. Especially on Fournette because he may be built better for an under center type team too.

Other than RT, the line was the same as the year before. Don't we have one of the best OL coaches in the league? What was the problem?

I don't necessarily want them to draft Fournette in the first round, it's just something I can see the Bengals doing.