So I'm hearing rumors that the powers that be are cracking down on 7on7?

Jo-Jo13

So I was told today, that if a High School player plays 7 on 7 during the Spring season for someone, other than their High School, they are ineligible to play in the Fall for their High School? They said that it was anew rule that was implemented this year. Has anyone else heard of this?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was told today, that if a High School player plays 7 on 7 during the Spring season for someone, other than their High School, they are ineligible to play in the Fall for their High School? They said that it was anew rule that was implemented this year. Has anyone else heard of this?

Im not understanding this, there is a rule currently that no High School 7 on 7's can compete in the spring so how could they play for their school team?

IF TRUE....

What else does basketball want? Hell they got June to play 100+ games. Stupid. I told ya. Our dumb coaching association back in 2007 gave them an inch. I told ya told ya told ya. We didn't fight!

and basketball lost July for team activities.

IF TRUE....

What else does basketball want? Hell they got June to play 100+ games. Stupid. I told ya. Our dumb coaching association back in 2007 gave them an inch. I told ya told ya told ya. We didn't fight!

Coaches association didn't give it up. AD's and the reps of the schools voted in favor...not the same thing!

It was an agreement between the basketball and football coaching associations

Ah! And who were the ADs at these schools? The same ones heading their respective coaches associations. I give basketball association leaders credit. They know how to negotiate

Im not understanding this, there is a rule currently that no High School 7 on 7's can compete in the spring so how could they play for their school team?

Bingo, already a rule against school 7 on 7...now a rule against non school 7 on 7. Basically shutting it down completely during that period.