Texans trade Brock Osweiler to Browns

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? They got a free 2nd round draft pick will suck either way next year and get a good draft pick and cut Brock after that.
Browns are on the hook for his contract...but this deal says more about how dumb a decision the Texans made last year (and are already ready to admit that). Browns have a ton of cap space, so they can handle the deal.

Here, take a QB AND a 2nd round pick...and just give us back a 4th. Wow...hilarious.

Browns are on the hook for his contract...but this deal says more about how dumb a decision the Texans made last year (and are already ready to admit that). Browns have a ton of cap space, so they can handle the deal.

Here, take a QB AND a 2nd round pick...and just give us back a 4th. Wow...hilarious.

Only for one year and then they will cut him. Like you said they have plenty of cap room they needed to fill, so why not?

Houston ended up paying him $21M for his services for one year. :ohbrother:

They had money they HAD to use one someone at some point. They essentially bought a drat pick.

ProFootballTalk‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk

The Browns have Brock Osweiler for $16 million guaranteed this year, $18 million and $17 million non-guaranteed in 2018 and 2019.

Looks like a good deal for the Browns to me. They are paying $16M for a second round draft pick. This most likely paved the way for Romo to the Texans but even if it doesn't, the talk I have heard was that Savage was going to start over Osweiler in Texas anyway.

Edited by Voice of Reason

Brock Osweiler is the smartest/luckiest man in America. Totally stinks and will make $37MM over two years. Then he will probably be a back up for another 10 years unless he decides to just go play golf...

I bet AJ McCarron sees what Osweiler makes and just wants to puke...