Stay at NKU or return to WKU?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Northern Kentuckian I'm excited to see the tournament being held at NKU, but my gut says that it would only be logical if a more centralized location in the state be utilized so that teams and fans from all the far reaching areas of the state didn't have to travel so far to attend. Just like NKU, WKU is also too far for many.

Rupp Arena for the boys makes perfect sense. I don't know the attendance numbers for the girls tourney, but wonder if Frankfort would work. If Frankfort isn't big enough, then what other more centralized location could support the number of folks who attend?

As to the convenience of the location issue, my guess is that there are a lot more Kentucky residents within 2 hours of NKU than there are within two hours of WKU.

Here's the biggest rub: it would appear that there are 8 miles difference between the two sites from the geographic center of the state.

I'm not sure why Memorial is not considered a viable option

Here's the biggest rub: it would appear that there are 8 miles difference between the two sites from the geographic center of the state.

I'm not sure why Memorial is not considered a viable option

I don't doubt that, but if you look at the population within two hours of each I bet NKU has a huge advantage, probably two times the population within 2 hours vs WKU