And this is what's wrong with the Bengals

We signed Lefell for $5 mill a year.

I wanted them to resign him, but not for that much.

Brandon Marshall just signed for $6 mill

lefell is no Marshall.

Thats what is so screwed up with this franchise. "Signing their own" 9 times out of 10 never improves this team. Lefell is not worth that much money. We need a speed receiver not a decent #3 wr who is slower than molasses but being paid as a #1 or 2.

This franchise is a joke.

Their offense is bad. They need a speedy wr with hands. To the point where they need to draft one high. They won't and this offense will still stink.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lefell is no Marshall.

Thats what is so screwed up with this franchise. "Signing their own" 9 times out of 10 never improves this team. Lefell is not worth that much money. We need a speed receiver not a decent #3 wr who is slower than molasses but being paid as a #1 or 2.

Their offense is bad. They need a speedy wr with hands. To the point where they need to draft one high. They won't and this offense will still stink.

How much is guaranteed?

And I think LaFell is a good 3rd or 4th WR but 5 million a year does seem high.

How much is guaranteed?

And I think LaFell is a good 3rd or 4th WR but 5 million a year does seem high.

Unless they go

out and draft a speedy wr in 1st or 2nd round then Lafell is their 2nd wr and that he isn't. It's the Bengals doing what they do and just sign their own mediocre players and never improve.

Brandon Marshall $6mill!!!!!!! Bengals should have offered him at least $7mill or even $8 and he would have been great opposite AJ plus he can play outside or slot. Instead we give a $1-2mill wr $5 mill, just $1 mill less than one of the best sr's in the league.

lefell is no Marshall.

While we disagreed after the 2012 season when I thought they were smart not to over spend for a wr like a Mike Wallace, or Greg Jennings. We are in complete agreement here. I don't understand bringing him back for that amount. While he had decent numbers, he didn't bring another dimension to this offense.

I said this in another thread I sure hope they at least attempted to get Marshall. At worst I feel like if they were going to pay 5 million a year for a veteran. I would have rather them spent that on a speed wr like Torrie Smith who was released.

They signed their receiver now the will draft

Forrestt Lamp.

For Lamps sake I hope he has a better career than other local guys you talk up.

With that said he is projected to be a guard. Guards don't get drafted in the top 10 or even top 20 usually. So unless the Bengals trade back to late in the first round or he slips to the 2nd round. The Bengals won't get him.

For Lamps sake I hope he has a better career than other local guys you talk up.

With that said he is projected to be a guard. Guards don't get drafted in the top 10 or even top 20 usually. So unless the Bengals trade back to late in the first round or he slips to the 2nd round. The Bengals won't get him.

Best guard in the draft quick and very strong.

Did the Bengals get a bargain in LaFell? Just asking people to justify their complaints.

Looking at the stats, LaFell is right there with Marvin Jones and better than Marshall. Jones is getting $8 million a year. Marshall is getting $6 million. LaFell's contract is said to have a lot of incentive pay in it to get to the $10 million ($5 million/year). It is the 25th ranked contract for WR's currently and will probably be even lower after free agency is done. It looks like a good value and perhaps even a bargain price.

On Cincy Jungle.com, 70% of fans believe this is a good deal for the Bengals.

WR Stats 2016

LaFell.............64 rec...862 yds... 6 TD...$10M 2 yrs = $5M yr; ? guaranteed

Marvin Jones...55 rec...930 yds...4 TD...$40M 5 yrs = $8M yr; $20M guaranteed

Marshall .........59 rec...788 yds...3 TD...$12M 2 yrs = $6M yr; ? guaranteed

Sanu .............59 rec...653 yds...4 TD...$32.5M 5 yrs =$6.5 yr; $14M guaranteed