Cincinnati Christian University at NewCath home field today.

Great day for a double-dip. CCU was playing Rochester College out of Michigan and CCU run ruled the Warriors in game 1. I got back from the 9th Region girls final in the 4th inning of Game #2, as CCU was down 3-2. Rochester scored a run in the top of the 7th to take a 4-2 lead. However, with two-out and the sacks juiced, a 2-run single knots things up at 4's, followed by a walk-off single that peppers the 3rd base line and goes into left for the game winner. Former Dixie Heights pitcher, Courtney Garrett earned the win.

Nice to see @vansmetal and his daughter making out to the game.

• 2 weeks later...
How did sundays games end up ?

Game One was a run-rule CCU victory in 5, 9-1. Alexis Rouse with a 2 run dinger was all the Eagles needed. 2015 Dixie Heights grad, Courtney Garrett got the win in the circle.

Game Two was nothing like the 1st. With the game tied 1-1 in the bottom of the 6th CCu gets the go ahead run on an E3 (dropped the throw). Oakland City does tie things up in the top of the 7th, and it was on to FREE softball. 8th & 9th innings neither team scores, although Oakland City did have a runner gunned down at the plate, so to the 10th we go and the International Tie-Breaker comes into play. The 10th saw both teams get runners on 3rd with only 1-out, but neither scored, but again OC gets a runner gunned down at the plate. In the 11th both teams scratched across a run, with both leaving 2 runners stranded. In the 12th OC gets a base hit to score their 4th run and CCU had a runner on 3rd with only one out, but couldn't get the tying run in, and go down to defeat, 4-3.

.....my details might be a tad off, considering I was the grill master, field maintenance, and chauffeur for the elderly. :lol2: