Dre Kirkpratrick

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is very, very, very overrated. He's not a shut down corner by ANY definition of the word. The guy needs to go to Seattle and sit in cover 2.

I don't think anyone is overeating him or saying he is better than what he really is. It's just so happened he is a free agent at the right time, when there really isn't any top corners available. So that makes his price tag higher since there aren't many out there for teams looking for a corner.

It's the same with the Bengals. They probably are going to have to pay him a nice contract because they can't afford to let him leave.

WWTPD? What would the Patriots do? They'd let him walk and draft some guy in the 4th round with great measurables, coach him up and play him until his rookie deal is over and then draft the next guy. Doesn't have to be a name brand. They draft from the generic schools.

Only time they spend on their own or a free agent is when they have an injury or made a mistake on a guy.

WWTPD? What would the Patriots do? They'd let him walk and draft some guy in the 4th round with great measurables, coach him up and play him until his rookie deal is over and then draft the next guy. Doesn't have to be a name brand. They draft from the generic schools.

Only time they spend on their own or a free agent is when they have an injury or made a mistake on a guy.

To be fair they can afford to do that, since they have probably the best defensive mind as their head coach. Then the best QB of all time as their QB. So it's easy to say do what the Patriots will do. However if it was that easy to coach guys up as well as they do, then people would have caught up to the Pats by now, and no one still has in their ability to consistently compete for Super Bowls.

This draft is loaded with capable secondary personnel. No shot I'd pay him what he'll command on the FA market. Too many other holes to fix. I would pay Z and try to stabilize that offensive front.

This draft is loaded with capable secondary personnel. No shot I'd pay him what he'll command on the FA market. Too many other holes to fix. I would pay Z and try to stabilize that offensive front.

10 to 12 Million a year is a lot to pay for a guard. Especially when you just gave the other guard a big contract 2 years ago. Not to mention when you have Eifert and Burfict both being free agents after this upcoming season.

IMO it is a lot easier to replace a guard than it is a CB. While Kirkpatrick is not great, IMO he did actually make some good strides last year IMO and is getting better. It would be interesting to know what the exact market will be on Dre.

10 to 12 Million a year is a lot to pay for a guard. Especially when you just gave the other guard a big contract 2 years ago. Not to mention when you have Eifert and Burfict both being free agents after this upcoming season.

IMO it is a lot easier to replace a guard than it is a CB. While Kirkpatrick is not great, IMO he did actually make some good strides last year IMO and is getting better. It would be interesting to know what the exact market will be on Dre.

Depends on where your philosophy lies. I'd suspect you're tired of watching Dalton running for his life. And that will continue next season if you let the kid walk. And he won't command 12mil. Let him explore the market, if that's the number, then let him go. I bet it's not that high. Eifert will have to play 16 games this season to command top dollar. He's febrile at best. As for Burfict, I'd let that cat dip his toes in the FA pool also.

I was thinking you draft a TE to replace Eifert and let him walk when the time comes. Guy spends more time with the trainer than the football field.