Ludlow Names Greg Taphouse As New Football HC

buttels

Received this from Ludlow's AD Andrew Wise:

Ludlow High School has hired Greg Taphouse as its Varsity Football Head Coach. Coach Taphouse has been on staff with the Panthers for the past 3 years, where the last two he spend as the Defensive Coordinator. Coach Taphouse brings a wealth of football knowledge with him gained from playing defensive back for the Eagles of Morehead State University from 2006-2010. He was named the 2008 PFL Defensive Back of the Year. After graduating from Morehead in 2010 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Taphouse returned to his hometown of Dacula, Georgia to coach his alma mater for one year. He then relocated to Northern Kentucky with his then fiancé (now wife), Amie Taphouse,and began working as a 21st Century Grant Coordinator at Ludlow High School. For the past four years, he has served in that role in addition to coaching football, basketball, and softball at LHS. Ludlow High School is excited to formally announce Coach Greg Taphouse as the Panthers’ Head Coach.

I don't know much about him other than he was on the Ludlow staff the last 3 years. However congrats and good luck to him. Ludlow is a great small community and there is a lot of potential to do great things down there if done right. Getting the numbers up, and creating not only excitement in the program again but also in the community is the key IMO.

I am a graduate of Ludlow, and always will love and support Ludlow. Even though I have always been elsewhere since I graduated from Ludlow, and probably will continue to be. I have always still rooted for Ludlow from afar and kept up on how they were doing, and support them in fundraisers they have. I want to see Ludlow be great. Ludlow is a special place, and has potential to do great things if done right.

Coach Hornsby did a good job with the program over the last 8 years, and accomplished many things including a few playoff wins and the first home playoff game in program history. Hopefully coach Taphouse can build off of that and get them to take that next step as a program. The potential is there, so hopefully he can tap into that potential and get them to take that next step.

Congrats again to coach Taphouse.

• 2 weeks later...