Worst 10th Region Tournament ever??

No upsets

No buzzer beaters

4 double digit victory outcomes

no controversy

No remotely close games other than a quarter or so maybe

Can anyone remember a 10th region tournament that has started like this one?

Now I am holding out hope that Monday night will turn things around with my Polar Bear win prediction

But Campbell County and Paris could easily have double digit victories over their opponents.

For a 10th that was supposed to have been so wide open, you sure couldn't tell it by this tournament.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No upsets

No buzzer beaters

no controversy

Now I am holding out hope that Monday night will turn things around with my Polar Bear win prediction

But Campbell County and Paris could easily have double digit victories over their opponents.

For a 10th that was supposed to have been so wide open, you sure couldn't tell it by this tournament.

Wide Open? Most have said all year it was a 3 team race and those 3 are still standing.

If the 38th District seeded better chance of having 4 quality games instead of 4 average games....

First 3 quarters of Clark/Campbell were good

First 3 quarters of Mason/Scott were good

Bracken/Harrison ugly

Robertson/Paris idk what that was

If the 38th District seeded better chance of having 4 quality games instead of 4 average games....

First 3 quarters of Clark/Campbell were good

First 3 quarters of Mason/Scott were good

Bracken/Harrison ugly

Robertson/Paris idk what that was

Agree, if it was Pendleton&Nicholas I feel like games would've been better.

What's the definition of wide open...if you like individuals then you may think Pendelton...Bracken...Scott...which Scott has a better supporting cast around Ohmer...but you'd feel they have a shot because you may be enamored by the volume of shots and over 25pt per game scoring avgs...but the direct opposite is why Paris and Campbell are and have been the teams to beat...Both teams leading scorers are 18pts (CC) and 16pts (Paris) both squads have other quality players...hard for individuals to beat TEAMS...so what's wide to many is narrow to some.

No upsets

No buzzer beaters

no controversy

Are you always this negative?

Wide Open? Most have said all year it was a 3 team race and those 3 are still standing.

I guess as the season has progressed that is right, but early season had Bourbon, Mason,Montgomery,Pendleton, Clark and Bracken all right there with the big 3.

Still, even with just a 1,2 or 3 team race you tend to have an upset, a buzzer beater, a competitive game beginning to end,etc. come tournament time

With the way the draw occurred this was kind of sit in stone. GRC and Mason were both young and not ready for the spotlight just yet and they matched up with IMO the 2 best teams in the region. 3 of the 4 teams left are solid and deserve to be there. The other just got a lucky draw.

I think last year just spoiled us a bit too, Mason beating Campbell on a buzzer beater, Augusta upsetting Scott and Montgomery, Paris blowing a 19 point lead to Mason County and then the 39th District Championship rematch.

I don't look for the Campbell/Bracken game to be close but Paris/Scott should be good and the Championship game.

Are you always this negative?

Think its a legit question that no one has answered with a yes or no. The tournament has been awful so far, compared to tournaments of past.

But as stated Monday night can turn things around or add to.

With the way the draw occurred this was kind of sit in stone. GRC and Mason were both young and not ready for the spotlight just yet and they matched up with IMO the 2 best teams in the region. 3 of the 4 teams left are solid and deserve to be there. The other just got a lucky draw.

Lucky draw. Right down the 39th districts alley.

If you have a dog in the fight, obviously you want your team to beat whoever they're playing (you probably want them to blow the other team out). Your team wins and moves on and your pumped up.

If you're a casual fan, then the tourney probably has been boring so far.