McCracken County Hires Hoptown's Marc Clark As Football HC

I am somewhat surprised at this. More so at Clark leaving Hoptown. Hoptown has a real chance to make the state finals next year....McCracken...not so much, and maybe not for a long while.

Maybe he was looking for more fan support, nicer facilities, and a nicer community to raise his family in. If he was looking to move out of Hoptown, this may have been a now or never situation if he's looking at a nice place to live and community support. For having an average team this year, McCracken packed them in. The middle school is loaded with big lineman from what I hear.

Agreed, Great hire! I wonder what his offensive philosophy will be also. He started off as an option guy with Hoptown. But switched to the spread. Probably will have better o-line selection now, so will he go back to the option attack?

@Toothpick what are your thoughts on the hire? I'm not sure if it's a homerun hire, a ground rule double or a seeing eye single. Right now I'll say a double because he's young and has moved around a lot so I'm worried he's another job hopper.

I don't know as much about him as I should but on the surface I think it is a great hire. He took over a program that could go no lower and improved every single year and is leaving it loaded. People will have to give him a fair shake. what I mean by that is that I think McCracken will be down talent wise next year and folks in todays world are all about instant results. I heard he was one of their first choices after Morris didn't workout so I think that means that the got one of the coaches who was high on the list.

I don't know as much about him as I should but on the surface I think it is a great hire. He took over a program that could go no lower and improved every single year and is leaving it loaded. People will have to give him a fair shake. what I mean by that is that I think McCracken will be down talent wise next year and folks in todays world are all about instant results. I heard he was one of their first choices after Morris didn't workout so I think that means that the got one of the coaches who was high on the list.

I think he'll be given time. I got no clue who the QB will be next year. McCracken had 2 stud QBs in Hughes then Cash Jones. Next year will likely be rough.