2017/2018 9th Region

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCH will be tops with little competition - IMO.

Fredrick and Kunkel are two of the best players and the rest will depend on off season development but expect Jake Walter, AJ Maher, and Aiden Ruthsatz to be in the top 10. Schreck from Dixie will be a contender.

But I agree, this season isn't over. This would be a great post / topic for next week or later in March.

Cooper will be solid next year, a little behind CovCath, but wouldn't surprise me if they are able to play with them and come in at #2 next year. They return Kunkel, Runion, Walters, C. McNeil, Ollier, Schidler, have a really good freshman this year named Kevin Centers, plus a couple of their JV kids should develop into solid players. I expect them to still be pretty good but losing Hendrix and S. McNeil will hurt for sure

It sounds like Cooper and Newport should be good. However it is a different level at CCH:

- 4 starting Juniors return (Walter, Maher, Ruthsatz, CJ), two other current Juniors also contribute as well as a Sophomore (Davin) who was injured all year

- their JV team was the first ever to go undefeated (led by sophomores Thelen, Fleek, and Deere along with the Freshmen Maher - all of which would start varsity elsewhere)

- their freshmen team dominated KY schools by an avg margin of victory of over 25 points

Not sure how CCH is going to keep them all happy. Expect them to be playing in Rupp multiple times over the next few years!

Cooper will be solid next year, a little behind CovCath, but wouldn't surprise me if they are able to play with them and come in at #2 next year. They return Kunkel, Runion, Walters, C. McNeil, Ollier, Schidler, have a really good freshman this year named Kevin Centers, plus a couple of their JV kids should develop into solid players. I expect them to still be pretty good but losing Hendrix and S. McNeil will hurt for sure

What about the Pittman kid? Was he a junior this year? Will he contribute next year?

It sounds like Cooper and Newport should be good. However it is a different level at CCH:

- 4 starting Juniors return (Walter, Maher, Ruthsatz, CJ), two other current Juniors also contribute as well as a Sophomore (Davin) who was injured all year

- their JV team was the first ever to go undefeated (led by sophomores Thelen, Fleek, and Deere along with the Freshmen Maher - all of which would start varsity elsewhere)

- their freshmen team dominated KY schools by an avg margin of victory of over 25 points

Not sure how CCH is going to keep them all happy. Expect them to be playing in Rupp multiple times over the next few years!

Winning keeps kids/parents happy. Heck, some of the kids will be happy to be on the roster and to get to go to regionals and state every year :)

With the D1 offers rolling in for Mayer... will he for sure play basketball next season? I would think so, but anyone know more certain?

Also, is it possible that CCH has 3 of top 5 players next season... CJF, Ruthsatz, Mayer? If nothing else, maybe 3 of top 5 most productive.