• Mason County
    • Campbell County
    • George Rogers Clark
    • Nicholas County
    • Bourbon County
    • Bracken County
    • Harrison County

2017 10TH REGION TOURNAMENT PREVIEW

The 2017 10th Region Girls Basketball Tournament kicks off tonight at Harrison County High School. There wasn't an official preview coming out so I thought I would write something up. Admission for the games will be $7 on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. The Championship game on Saturday will be $5. The officials will be from the 6th and 7th region. Now let's get to the preview. I had some help on this and the rankings can be debated. The winner will play at BB&T Arena (NKU) vs. the winner of the 13th Region on Wednesday, March 8th at 8:00PM.

Quarter-Finals

Nicholas County vs. Bracken County

Monday, February 27th at 6:00PM

This will be the third match-up on the season between these two teams. The first met in Brooksville on December 1st, Nicholas County forced 27 turnovers and came out on top with a 57-45 victory. They met for second time in the All 'A' Classic with a much improved Lady Bluejacket team coming out on top 59-33. Bracken County is led by senior Madison Kalb, who is averaging 12.4 points a game and 7.4 rebounds a game. Nicholas County has a balanced scoring attack with Grace Kiskaden and Autumn Martin averaging 10.9 and 10.7 a game respectively.

George Rogers Clark vs. Scott

Monday, February 27th 7:30PM

These two heavyweights will meet for the second time this season for the best game in the first round, and maybe the tournament. The Lady Eagles win the first game 56-51 in Taylor Mill. Robbie Graham's Lady Cardinals have balanced scoring attack with Behanan, Flowers, Harrison, and leading score Igo all averaging double-digit scoring figures. Scott is led by prolific score Anna Clephane who is averaging 22.7 points and 7.2 rebounds. Followed by Alexis Stapleton with 14.7, and Summer Secrist with 11.2.

Harrison County vs. Mason County

Tuesday, February 28th at 6:00PM

This is the first time the two have met this season. Harrison County is led in scoring and rebounds by Madison Kellione averaging 18.7 and 7.4 a game. Brad Cox's Lady Royals should be favored in this one with six players averaging over 5 points a game. They are led by 10th Region Player of the Year Whitney O'Mara with 13.7 points per game. Followed by McNutt with 11.7. Along with their balanced scoring, they also have a balanced game on the glass.

Campbell County vs. Bourbon County

Tuesday, February 28th at 7:30PM

This the first time these two have met this season and Lady Camels should be heavily favored. Campbell County is led Taylor Clos averaging 20.7 PPG along with 4.6 RPG. Second in charge is Mackenzie Schwarber with 13.4 PPG and 8.0 RPG. Bourbon County is lead by well-rounded Chariss Wilson with 16.9 PPG and 9.3 RPG who will be tough to stop inside.

Semi-Finals

Nicholas County/Bracken Couny vs. George Rogers Clark/Scott

Friday, March 3rd at 6:00PM

Mason County/Harrison County vs. Campbell County/Bourbon County

Friday, March 3rd at 7:30PM

CHAMPIONSHIP

Nicholas County/Bracken Couny/George Rogers Clark/Scott vs. Mason County/Harrison County/Campbell County/Bourbon County

Saturday, March 4th at 7:00PM

Top Players

1. Whitney O'Mara (Mason County)

2. Anna Clephane (Scott)

3. Taylor Clos (Campbell County)

4. Alexis Stapleton (Scott)

5. Makenzie Schwarber (Campbell County)

6. Kennedy Igo (George Rogers Clark)

7. Brianna McNutt (Mason County)

8. Chariss Wilson (Bourbon County)

9. Madison Kalb (Bracken County)

10. Grace Kiskaden (Nicholas County)

Team Rankings

1. Scott (20-12)

2. Mason County (21-8)

3. Campbell County (19-12)

4. George Rogers Clark (26-4)

-----------

5. Nicholas County (21-11)

6. Bourbon County (16-16)

7. Bracken County (11-14)

8. Harrison County (13-9)

Edited by brooksville

The 2017 10th Region Girls Basketball Tournament kicks off tonight at Harrison County High School. There wasn't an official preview coming out so I thought I would write something up. Admission for the games will be $7 on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. The Championship game on Saturday will be $5. The officials will be from the 6th and 7th region. Now let's get to the preview. I had some help on this and the rankings can be debated. The winner will play at BB&T Arena (NKU) vs. the winner of the 13th Region on Wednesday, March 8th at 8:00PM.

Quarter-Finals

This will be the third match-up on the season between these two teams. The first met in Brooksville on December 1st, Nicholas County forced 27 turnovers and came out on top with a 57-45 victory. They met for second time in the All 'A' Classic with a much improved Lady Bluejacket team coming out on top 59-33. Bracken County is led by senior Madison Kalb, who is averaging 12.4 points a game and 7.4 rebounds a game. Nicholas County has a balanced scoring attack with Grace Kiskaden and Autumn Martin averaging 10.9 and 10.7 a game respectively.

These two heavyweights will meet for the second time this season for the best game in the first round, and maybe the tournament. The Lady Eagles win the first game 56-51 in Taylor Mill. Robbie Graham's Lady Cardinals have balanced scoring attack with Behanan, Flowers, Harrison, and leading score Igo all averaging double-digit scoring figures. Scott is led by prolific score Anna Clephane who is averaging 22.7 points and 7.2 rebounds. Followed by Alexis Stapleton with 14.7, and Summer Secrist with 11.2.

This is the first time the two have met this season. Harrison County is led in scoring and rebounds by Madison Kellione averaging 18.7 and 7.4 a game. Brad Cox's Lady Royals should be favored in this one with six players averaging over 5 points a game. They are led by 10th Region Player of the Year Whitney O'Mara with 13.7 points per game. Followed by McNutt with 11.7. Along with their balanced scoring, they also have a balanced game on the glass.

This the first time these two have met this season and Lady Camels should be heavily favored. Campbell County is led Taylor Clos averaging 20.7 PPG along with 4.6 RPG. Second in charge is Mackenzie Schwarber with 13.4 PPG and 8.0 RPG. Bourbon County is lead by well-rounded Chariss Wilson with 16.9 PPG and 9.3 RPG who will be tough to stop inside.

Semi-Finals

CHAMPIONSHIP

Nicholas County/Bracken Couny/George Rogers Clark/Scott vs. Mason County/Harrison County/Campbell County/Bourbon County

Top Players

2. Anna Clephane (Scott)

Team Rankings

1. Scott (20-12)

2. Mason County (21-8)

-----------

Bourbon and Campbell played during the regular season!

Quarter-Finals

Semi-Finals

CHAMPIONSHIP

Top Players

2. Anna Clephane (Scott)

Team Rankings

1. Scott (20-12)

2. Mason County (21-8)

-----------

Job well done! :thumb:

If Nicholas Co. plays like they didn't against HC in the district finals, I look for Ray's Lady Bears to pull the upset. Also, Bracken's ability to handle NC's defensive pressure will have a say in the outcome as well.

Well what I thought was my number 1 has gone down. You could draw the "Core 4" out of a hat and I would have been ok with it.

No way would I have ranked GRC at 4.of course I have seen them play more and know how good we are. Also think Hardiman and Behanan have to be considered.

Still great preview and thanks so much for posting it.

This might open a can of worms, but where do GRC get these girls from? Anytime it looks like they might have a down year they get transfers.

Winchester... The biggest school in the region. And Igo from Montgomery County but that's all I know of.

Flowers from Bath Co, by the way of Scott Co, by the way of Nicholas. Been there 3 years. Behanan, Harrison(I think), and Igo are more recent additions.