Trump won't attend White House correspondents' dinner

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he hosts a competing event at the same time to raise money for the troops or some other charity.

That would be great.

I don't care about this and , frankly, it's not an event for POTUS. Too thin-skinned to listen to jones at his expense.

Credit him for knowing his limitations.

It is best for both sides for him not to be there. It is hard to make jokes at others' expense when each side literally hates the other...it could get ugly if he went...
It got ugly the last time he went. Obama attacked him mercilessly from the podium while he sat in the audience. I hope Trump skips the event for as long as he is President.

I am glad that Trump decided not to attend. I always hate seeing presidents trying to do stand up comedy, regardless of their party affiliation. It would be great if Trump also refused to appear on late night TV as well.

I'm with papa. I always find this enjoyable. And it's for a good cause. Obama was excellent. W was good. So was Clinton. I'm glad this bozo is not attending. He won't be missed. He's sour on anything that isn't Trump. He would spoil the evening.

The five-year old has never gotten over it... and never will. Obama owned him and it still haunts the insecure Commander-in Tweet.
Yeah, it is easy to own somebody when you have a microphone and are ridiculing somebody in the audience who does not have one. Obama was classless and I am certain that he will be as classless as a former president as he was during his time in office.

It got ugly the last time he went. Obama attacked him mercilessly from the podium while he sat in the audience. I hope Trump skips the event for as long as he is President.

Trump owned that one. Years of birther claims deserved that smack down.

Trump owned that one. Years of birther claims deserved that smack down.
Nothing justifies Obama's behavior. Obama was president but he never learned how to act presidential. I hope that Trump will learn to act presidential, but he has some work to do. Steering clear of the White House Correspondents' dinner is a step in the right direction.

Trump has used his celebrity status in the past to ridicule people who were in no position to defend themselves, and when he did, he was wrong too, and I criticized him for it.

I make it a rule never to defend classless behavior. Obama's "comic" attack on Trump was classless, just as Trump's attack on Ted Cruz's father, Rafael, was classless.

Edited by Dino Nova