Simon Kenton 2017 Schedule Brutal or Brilliant?

5 STAR

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither... I would call it average. For a team that wants to be considered a powerhouse 6A team, that's far from a "powerhouse" schedule. Brutal for 6A would be multiple games with Moeller, Trinity, X (louisville or Cincinnati), Male, Elder, and teams of that caliber. A scrimmage is nice, but it's a scrimmage. Brutal means taking on the top of your class. Far from it here.

I don't think anybody in the state can compete with the with the Louisville 6A programs, and no level of brutal scheduling is going to change that. I know historically, SK has been singled out for this, but in recent years SK, Ryle and Dixie have all been squashed by the Louisville programs.

When Ryle had scheduled series against Colerain and LaSalle, they were crushed in all four of those games. Scott County won a title as a 6A school, but they do not have another High School within 25 miles of their campus, and they are much larger than SK or Ryle. I just don't see a school outside Louisville competing with those schools.

Lets add that SK gave up 50 points to HHS last year. Do they really have any business scheduling Louisville 6A or equivalent programs?

Neither... I would call it average. For a team that wants to be considered a powerhouse 6A team, that's far from a "powerhouse" schedule. Brutal for 6A would be multiple games with Moeller, Trinity, X (louisville or Cincinnati), Male, Elder, and teams of that caliber. A scrimmage is nice, but it's a scrimmage. Brutal means taking on the top of your class. Far from it here.

Average I agree. Like to see them play one or two powerhouse teams early to mid season to tune up and adjust the team before the later season to have a better chance in the postseason. Learn much more from losing to a great team then winning against an average team.

And when those schools you listed so no to playing SK what next? Is that SK's fault?

And when those schools you listed so no to playing SK what next? Is that SK's fault?

Are you saying SK is in talks with all of these teams every year and they are ducking them? Who else could they try to schedule? In addition to those I listed, how about BG, Scott Co, Colrain, Sycamore, LaSalle, Brentwood TN, Cathedral,? I could go on and on with elite teams that the "powerhouses" in KY, OH, and IN schedule. If you can't get someone to accept from this type of competition, I say find another administrator to build your schedule who can gain the respect of these elite programs. Again, if SK wants to be viewed as a step down from the elite programs, keep doing the same, but to be viewed as a elite (I think they want to be seen that way), you have to do better than the current year in and year out schedule.

I would be shocked if any of the GCL schools would say no to SK. SK would be a PERFECT school for them to play, even better than HHS when they played them. SK is going to win a lot of games and is a big school. That translates into a "Harbin Cow" for the GCL team if they would beat SK (and I am sure all the GCL schools are confident they can beat SK any given year). GCL schools have a lot of trouble finding games locally. I am SURE they would LOVE to play SK every year.

I would be shocked if any of the GCL schools would say no to SK. SK would be a PERFECT school for them to play, even better than HHS when they played them. SK is going to win a lot of games and is a big school. That translates into a "Harbin Cow" for the GCL team if they would beat SK (and I am sure all the GCL schools are confident they can beat SK any given year). GCL schools have a lot of trouble finding games locally. I am SURE they would LOVE to play SK every year.

The same teams X, Trinity and Male have problems beating.