Former Governor Beshear delivering Democrat response

What's the purpose of having one of these (SOTU) a month into a President's tenure?

I can sum it up for everyone....Things aren't as good as those in office say they are, and they aren't as bad as those out of office think they are.

Same thing every year.

This, also kinda wonder the need to have them at all anymore, with todays 24/7 news cycle, is there really a need. I wont watch, I never watch.

I've often silently pondered " Are they really that stupid " and by golly I guess they are ...... rolling laughing at the democrats , its kinda sad to think that the minority party is that bad , it really isnt healthy for the nation , I mean look at the choices to head the DNC .. and they choose to run out a unpopular dufus from a dark red state to give a response to Trump ?

FWIW I didnt mean to slight the D's that hang out here by ragging on the national party leaders selecting Mr Burns to give the Trump response. I nearly feel sorry for ya , but heck we seemed to have survived Mccain and Palin , you guys will bounce back I'm sure

Here is all you all need to know. The Democrats chose a EX Governor to deliver this speech. One whose party got pummeled in the past Governors race, and might not see another Democrat Governor for some time in a state thats seen very few Republican Governors. Only 16 Democrat Governors remain in the United States and that number in on the down swing. Really telling.