Boehner predicts GOP will repair, not replace Obamacare

Not a shock after all it is the republican party.:poop:

WASHINGTON — Former House Speaker John Boehner said congressional Republicans will not fulfill their longstanding promises to scrap the 2010 health-care law known as Obamacare, although he held out the possibility of revisions to the measure.

Boehner predicts GOP will repair, not replace Obamacare - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The combination of Trump’s grandiose claims and Republicans’ “repeal and replace” rhetoric has put them in a tight spot. Trump has variously claimed he will improve insurance plans, make them cheaper, and cover everyone. There just isn’t a way to do this that doesn’t end up looking a lot like Obamacare.

And while Republicans have said they’ll replace Obamacare, they don’t have a serious plan to organize around other than what Trump has promised. Reports out of the Republican retreat in Philadelphia last month indicated they weren’t quite sure where to even start with a replacement.

Now it seems like Republicans are testing this “healthcare freedom” line, which sounds like they plan on wholesale repeal without an alternative. Or maybe more budget cuts as their alternative. But I think there are parts of Obamacare that are too popular to get rid of without political repercussions, and parts that Trump has said he plans to keep.

I don’t expect much to change before 2018, that includes some sort of repeal bill that wouldn’t go into effect until after the election.

Repeal it and unleash the free market on healthcare in this country. If the government wants to make healthcare more affordable, then tort reform and deregulation is the way to go. If they want to throw some money at the problem, then they should make it easier for good students to get medical training to become licensed doctors and nurses.

Excessive "weeding" may keep the AMA happy and doctors' salaries high, but for costs to go down, the supply of medical professionals and hospital beds must increase.

The GOP vision for health care is completely incompatible with Obama Care. The conservative vision is to lower the cost for insurers by eliminating state insurance regulation so that providers only have one regulatory entity to deal with, the feds, instead of 50 plus. There is no federal subsidizing of health care in this vision, which, is the core of the Obama Care platform, as well as attempting to coerce healthy individuals to purchase health insurance they do not need.

To be sarcastic but to apply a real situation. I am not sure why the current administration could not use the magic clause of this law and just set it aside.

There must be a magic clause hidden in this law to allow arbitrary alerations by the admnistration in charge since the invidual clause was deferred for a year. There was no clause to allow that action. It was literally in violation of the law.

As someone who has been using the system and services much more than desired the last few months and that included being a table last week with ablation catheters running through my heart to fix p-afib I can say ACA did not kill the system. It seems to still be working - for now.

There are so many factors involved - states laws, companies policies, etc. the politicians do need to keep the physicians creed in mind - "first, cause no harm".

As someone who has been using the system and services much more than desired the last few months and that included being a table last week with ablation catheters running through my heart to fix p-afib I can say ACA did not kill the system. It seems to still be working - for now.

There are so many factors involved - states laws, companies policies, etc. the politicians do need to keep the physicians creed in mind - "first, cause no harm".

I hope everything is okay with you.

I hope everything is okay with you.

Thanks. Very well so far. Was in persistent a-fib since at least September and likely well before that. Cardio-version failed in November so alternatives were heavy duty drugs or the ablation (burning) of areas aortic chambers to cut off the rogue electrical impulses. So far, so good and still in solid sinus rhythm. Central Baptist has a relatively new Cardio unit that has specialty in a-fib. Seems to be a good group.

How about this simple provision. If you don't have insurance to pay your medical bills, create a streamlined process that allows the healthcare providers and hospitals to put a lien on your house and move to foreclosure or they are allowed to confiscate other assets? Create lower-cost stop-loss policies and put in that provision and a lot of people will make sure they have health insurance

How about this simple provision. If you don't have insurance to pay your medical bills, create a streamlined process that allows the healthcare providers and hospitals to put a lien on your house and move to foreclosure or they are allowed to confiscate other assets? Create lower-cost stop-loss policies and put in that provision and a lot of people will make sure they have health insurance

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post, but why should the healthy 30 year old single guy who hasn't been to the doctor in 5 years be forced to have insurance?

Now, if you're saying if a person incurs medical bills and they have no insurance and aren't able to pay them then you put a lien on their house, I think I can get behind that.