PBR All State Showcase this Sunday

WillCoach44

Just want to wish the many local NKY baseball players luck this Sunday at the PBR All State Showcase in Nicholasville. Per the PBR website it's going to be live streamed on Facebook and Twitter.

Local players attending are:

Drew Rohm - Highlands

Alex Borman - Holy Cross

Brayden Burch - Beechwood

James Epplen - St. Henry

Tyler Wagner - Walton

Garren Parker - Bishop Brossart

Grayden Cramer - Highlands

Cameron McCabe - Ryle

Braxton Foley - Walton

Tyler Ollier - Cooper

Brendan Reid - Cooper

Hunter Dreves - Highlands

Blaine Walters - Cooper

Bryce Ziegler - Highlands

Brian Carl - Holy Cross (not sure if our HC)

Conner Ryle - Ryle

Ethan Kavanagh - Highlands

John Odom - Beechwood

Adam Schneider - Cov Cath

Jacob Tarvin - Ryle

Grant Summers - Highlands

Cooper Schwalbach - Highlands

Casey McGinness - Cov Cath

Braydon Runion - Cooper

Gunner Smith - NCC

Just want to wish the many local NKY baseball players luck this Sunday at the PBR All State Showcase in Nicholasville. Per the PBR website it's going to be live streamed on Facebook and Twitter.

Local players attending are:

Drew Rohm - Highlands

Alex Borman - Holy Cross

Brayden Burch - Beechwood

James Epplen - St. Henry

Tyler Wagner - Walton

Garren Parker - Bishop Brossart

Grayden Cramer - Highlands

Cameron McCabe - Ryle

Braxton Foley - Walton

Tyler Ollier - Cooper

Brendan Reid - Cooper

Hunter Dreves - Highlands

Blaine Walters - Cooper

Bryce Ziegler - Highlands

Brian Carl - Holy Cross (not sure if our HC)

Conner Ryle - Ryle

Ethan Kavanagh - Highlands

John Odom - Beechwood

Adam Schneider - Cov Cath

Jacob Tarvin - Ryle

Grant Summers - Highlands

Cooper Schwalbach - Highlands

Casey McGinness - Cov Cath

Braydon Runion - Cooper

Gunner Smith - NCC

I see that this in an "Invite" only showcase. How does PBR decide who gets an invitation?

It also says " request your invite" . Most of the field requested their invite. If a kid is interested in playing college ball, PBR showcases is a great tool to see where the kid stacks up with other players across the state and gives college recruiters a reliable source to get the players measurables . Playing on a good quality summer team who competes in high quality tourneys is almost a must if the player is interested in playing high level college ball.

It also says " request your invite" . Most of the field requested their invite. If a kid is interested in playing college ball, PBR showcases is a great tool to see where the kid stacks up with other players across the state and gives college recruiters a reliable source to get the players measurables . Playing on a good quality summer team who competes in high quality tourneys is almost a must if the player is interested in playing high level college ball.

Besides playing on a quality summer team that competes in high level tournaments, how critical is it to attend PBR type showcases?

Showcases like PBR can be a positive if the player has good measurables like velocity, bat speed , 60 yd speed, etc but if the players doesn't show well , it could be a negative. I feel PBR is a plus. Getting the players name out there is a must. Earlier the better. Most colleges have recruitment questioners on their website . It doesn't hurt to start filling these out for all levels of play. It shows you are interested in their school, gets the player on mailing list for upcoming showcases/ camps the school might have coming up and gets the name out there.

Showcases like PBR can be a positive if the player has good measurables like velocity, bat speed , 60 yd speed, etc but if the players doesn't show well , it could be a negative. I feel PBR is a plus. Getting the players name out there is a must. Earlier the better. Most colleges have recruitment questioners on their website . It doesn't hurt to start filling these out for all levels of play. It shows you are interested in their school, gets the player on mailing list for upcoming showcases/ camps the school might have coming up and gets the name out there.

Thank you for your response, it confirms what others have told me. You seem very knowledgeable on the subject.

This was our 5th event and to be honest I can see both sides. The positives being exposure as many college coaches are present, although I feel like the events where games are actually played are better as you get a better feel for a player in a game vs. in a batting cage. A negative can be varying times, ie, for Catchers the pop-times can be somewhat objective...this past event (can be seen in the videos) some catchers were setting up sideways and moving into the hitting zone to get a better pop time, one even had the plate between his legs to get an extra 2' closer to 2nd base...sometimes the coaches will say something about it but then they still post the pop time and don't mention anything negative for fear of losing a customer. Exit velo's and Pitching velos can be skewed as yesterdays event 80% of the kids were walking away upset as they seemed to be 4 to 6 mph lower than normal. I've been told that the college coaches will mostly watch the videos but will still end up getting their own numbers in person vs what PBR or PG might say...and I've had an area scout tell me he could care less about exit velo, just barrel the ball. I look at it as a necessary evil. I'm sticking with outdoor summer showcases with games only where your guaranteed 20-30 college coaches present...Nothing like game play to the "BP" studs from the others.

PBR is legit. They were good to my son. Because we live in NKY he did an event in Dayton OH. He got an invite to the Ohio showcase. They treated him with the same respect as if he were an Ohio player. I say this because the perception is they are state centric.

Chris Fuller (KY), Chris Valentine (OH) and Adam Akin (TN) know their stuff. They have connections.

These showcases force the boys to perform under the lights under pressure. Plus as to the three guys I mentioned above they are truly invested in promoting kids.

Highlands seems to have strong pitchers every season. Do they have a pitching coach who knows his stuff or is it just talented kids who get better on their own by playing on good summer teams with knowledgeable staffs / private lessons or all of the above.I know several HS teams that have " pitching coaches" but really don't have the ability or knowledge to teach

Highlands seems to have strong pitchers every season. Do they have a pitching coach who knows his stuff or is it just talented kids who get better on their own by playing on good summer teams with knowledgeable staffs / private lessons or all of the above.I know several HS teams that have " pitching coaches" but really don't have the ability or knowledge to teach

I would say mostly all of the above.

With that loaded staff where does that leave Doty...#4? Just a hint of offense and they should be tops in the area although I believe Cov Cath will have something to say as well...should be fun to watch. I was very impressed with Dreves and Rom...but that South Oldham kid was another level up...he's already built like a full grown man and probably has more in the tank that's yet to be developed. His mother about jumped out of her seat when hit popped 3 in a row at or above 93.