Inside the 2nd Region - Week 10

1.Hopkinsville (21-4):

The Tigers keep on running through opponents, having won 14 straight. 12 of those 14 wins have been by double digits.

Big News out of Hoptown: The Tigers picked up a game with nationally ranked #2 Findlay Prep out of Las Vegas NV. Game will take place Feb. 17th at 7 PM at Marshall County High School.

2.Christian County (20-5):

Since losing to #1 Hopkinsville back on Jan. 28th, Christian County has rallied for 4 straight wins.

3.University Heights Academy (11-12):

After winning 5 straight and 7 of their last 8 games, the UHA Blazers have lost 2 straight.

4.Hopkins County Central (15-8):

The Storm have won 4 straight and 10 of their last 12 games.

5.Henderson County (17-8):

Henderson County has slipped past few games. After having won 3 straight and 10 of their previous 12, they have not lost 2 of their last 3 games.

6. Madisonville North-Hopkins (12-12)

7. Webster County (14-11)

8. Caldwell County (11-11)

9. Livingston Central (14-10)

10. Dawson Springs (13-12)

11. Lyon County (13-11)

12. Crittenden County (6-18)

13. Fort Campbell (1-20)

14. Trigg County (8-14)

15. Union County (7-18)

Wow the storm over Henderson? That's nuts. Lost to Christain in a great game had a 1pt lead with 3 mins to go lost by 6. Beat webster on the road then the next night had their two best player sitting on the bench hurt lost to Ohio by 5 who on Tuesday beat region 3 favorite Apollo. Coach Frankie from Christain said on the radio Henderson was 3rd best team in region. I'm not saying that but I am saying number 4.

Wow the storm over Henderson? That's nuts. Lost to Christain in a great game had a 1pt lead with 3 mins to go lost by 6. Beat webster on the road then the next night had their two best player sitting on the bench hurt lost to Ohio by 5 who on Tuesday beat region 3 favorite Apollo. Coach Frankie from Christain said on the radio Henderson was 3rd best team in region. I'm not saying that but I am saying number 4.

I'm with cols here. Henderson County only has 3 region losses - Hopkinsville, Christian County and University Heights. Hopkins Central doesn't even play any of the top 3 teams in the region. They also lost to Caldwell County and Madisonville-North Hopkins earlier this season. Henderson County is the clear choice for #4.

I'm a hoptown guy. But coach frankie probably wants henderson to be considered 3rd because he hear's uha's footsteps catching up to him... Their middle school teams aren't very good this year and with what he's losing off this year's team I'm sure he's scrambling for whatever he can to be decent next year. My tigers have already re-assumed the throne atop district 8...

To be honest, I'm more worried about UHA for the next few years than county. UHA is playing MUCH better and has an incredibly young group. Their 8th grade team is one of the best we've seen around here in a long time. They have the next great guard around here too in crump.

We will be REALLY good again next year with Shorty and Johnson returning, but the cycle seems to be shifting a touch right now. (Thank god sebree transferred to county two years ago and james nicholas came to us)...

Don't worry hoptown middle school school has at least six solid 8th graders with two kids that will be well over 6'2, to add to a class of five really solid freshman, and four solid sophomores two of which start varsity. The aforementioned juniors will be seniors Jalen and shorty. They will be loaded for quite some time. Top high school programs understand that you loose talent in the summer time, if they are not with positive coaches that increase their abilities. Five more years of running the town should be inevitable.

Don't worry hoptown middle school school has at least six solid 8th graders with two kids that will be well over 6'2, to add to a class of five really solid freshman, and four solid sophomores two of which start varsity. The aforementioned juniors will be seniors Jalen and shorty. They will be loaded for quite some time. Top high school programs understand that you loose talent in the summer time, if they are not with positive coaches that increase their abilities. Five more years of running the town should be inevitable.

I sure hope so... I try to look at it objectively. With what happened last night... I have my worries... We will be solid, for sure. Just not sure if we aren't about to hit one of the lulls that all of the programs seem to hit in the 8th district.