Track the USL 2017

Getslow

Schedules were released this afternoon.

Louisville City home opener vs. Saint Louis on March 25.

Road trip to Cincinnati set for April 22. Other two games against Cincinnati will be at home.

I'm so ready. These two months can't go fast enough.

Edited by Getslow

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw where FC Cincinnati submitted their MLS expansion application yesterday.

Gonna be hard to turn down a team/city that has the attendance they do, plus the backing and funding necessary for a stadium.

I don't follow MLS so I don't really know what they're looking for apart from loads of expansion fees and taxpayer-aided stadiums to help finance the pyramid scheme, but I agree that FCC has put themselves in a good place for selection.

I wouldn't be shocked if they hold FCC out of the first couple of expansion franchises (two cities to be announced later this year, two more the next) but they found themselves as one of the last two this round.

FC Cincinnati and Louisville City FC officially completed their unofficial player swap today, with forward Luke Spencer moving to Louisville. This follows the previous moves of Aodhan Quinn and Kadeem Dacres from Lou City up the river to FCC.

I think Louisville only has one more roster spot they're planning to fill and it's supposed to happen next week. Likely a third keeper.

I'm ready to get this season started.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Preseason officially got started this season.

Louisville City played a closed-door game against Young Harris College of Georgia. LCFC has three YHC alumni on the roster. Match ended 3-1 in favor of City.

I saw this morning that FC Cincinnati played one against Sacramento Republic FC and drew 2-2.

Freelancing for The Courier-Journal, I covered Louisville City's 1-0 friendly loss last night to NCAA Division-I Lipscomb in front of 1,000 fans at the Elizabethtown Sports Park:

LouCity falls in preseason friendly with Lipscomb

Frustrating. A huge problem for this team last season was getting chances and not having guys that could finish. I'm hoping this is a little hiccup and that we'll be able to score some goals this season.

• 2 weeks later...