Double check your offers folks!

Content1

Just a heads up moving towards national signing day. I've seen this on a couple occasions now and it's important you read between the lines.

Coaches can get a little too excited about your out of pocket costs for your first year and not divulge your loan ( subsidized or not ) cost. For example:

" Good news _________, we got your package back from financial aid and we are going to offer you at a mere $4500 out of pocket for this year ! "

Then you receive the paperwork in the mail within the next week and realize you are also responsible for $10000 in loans. Sure you can postpone paying on the loan and acrue interest over how many years but if able pay on the loan. So the actual 1st year cost is $14500 with the option to defer $10k of that down the road based on your situation.

AGAIN, read between the lines and once you get your offer...be sure to ask about the loan amount to identify true cost! Good luck and best wishes in the weeks ahead!!! :thumb:

Just a heads up moving towards national signing day. I've seen this on a couple occasions now and it's important you read between the lines.

Coaches can get a little too excited about your out of pocket costs for your first year and not divulge your loan ( subsidized or not ) cost. For example:

" Good news _________, we got your package back from financial aid and we are going to offer you at a mere $4500 out of pocket for this year ! "

Then you receive the paperwork in the mail within the next week and realize you are also responsible for $10000 in loans. Sure you can postpone paying on the loan and acrue interest over how many years but if able pay on the loan. So the actual 1st year cost is $14500 with the option to defer $10k of that down the road based on your situation.

AGAIN, read between the lines and once you get your offer...be sure to ask about the loan amount to identify true cost! Good luck and best wishes in the weeks ahead!!! :thumb:

@Content1 Keep this type of advice coming for the "rubes" like me. I have read a lot about the recruiting process, but have seen nothing in regards to the offers.

Thanks for posting