Inside the 5th Region (1-18-17)

News and notes:

Adair County is still rolling along as they have won 10 games in a row. Adair County is 18-1 overall, 12-0 against 5th Region teams and 4-0 in the 20th District. Bardstown is still Bardstown and they are currently 7-0 against 5th Region teams and 5-0 in the 19th District. At 13-4 overall Bardstown is still a strong threat to win the 5th Region championship this season.

John Hardin has won 6 games in a row and is looking to be one of the hottest teams in the 5th Region at the moment. Huge game against North Hardin looms on the horizon for John Hardin to make a statement to the 5th Region after a shaky start to the season.

Taylor County had the biggest win of the week with a 71-66 victory over North Hardin. While many people weren't sure what to expect from Taylor County this season their recent success is not surprising to anyone.

North Hardin began the season as the #1 team in the 5th Region along with Bardstown. While they have stumbled recently they are still very much a strong and talented team capable of winning the 5th Region. Do not sleep on North Hardin because of their recent slip ups.

Fort Knox had the second biggest win of the week with a HUGE upset over Bethlehem in the 5th Region All A Tournament. Fort Knox then defeated Caverna and if I am not mistaken they will face Campbellsville in the finals of the 5th Region All A Tournament. Salute and good luck to the kids at Fort Knox!

Kel Stotts recently became the second person in the history of the state of Kentucky to score 1,000 points at two different schools. Stotts has now scored 1,000 points at Adair County and he scored over 1,000 points while at Russell County. Congrats to Kel Stotts on what has been a fantastic high school career.

5th Region Rankings:

1. Adair County

2. Bardstown

3. John Hardin

4. Taylor County

5. North Hardin

6. Elizabethtown

7. Larue County

8. Central Hardin

9. Bethlehem

10. Nelson County

11. Washington County

12. Marion County

13. Fort Knox

14. Caverna

15. Campbellsville

16. Green County

17. Thomas Nelson

18. Hart County

Is the D-1 type player that was at Cordia last year but couldn't play due to transfer rules, I think his name is Young, is he playing for North Hardin. I know he would have been a big factor for Cordia if he had decided to stay.

Yes. Trace became eligible for North Hardin Christmas break.

Young can play but has a questionable attitude, can be a cancer on a team.

I don't claim to know the young man personally...I've met him and talked to him on occasion and he seems to be a kid that really loves and wants to play basketball. Never anything disrespectful towards me. He is a phenomenal talent and appears to be helping North Hardin on the court.