Cincinnati 81 Temple 74

newarkcatholicfan

The Bearcats 16-2 6-0 trailed by two, to a bad Temple squad 10-10 1-6, at home. Cincinnati righted the ship as they sailed to a 81-74 win, by out scoring the Owls by nine in the second half.

Leading the winning Bearcats with 18 was,Troy Caupain(Midlothian, VA) For the season he came in averaging 10.2 points a game. Kyle Washington(Champlin, MN) and Kevin Johnson(Cincinnati, Ohio) both had 16.

For Temple the leading scorer was,Shizz Alston Jr.(Philadelphia)with 25 points.

They looked horrible in the first half! at one point was shooting 9-27 from the field. Second half was a completely different team! If they play like they did in the first half they wont get past the 1st round. If they play like they did 2nd round I can see them making noise in the tournament! Still a long season and anything can happen.

Temple shot 12-26 from 3 for the game and was 11-18 from the field at the half.

For the comment about Temple being "a bad team"...they have wins over top 10 ranked Florida St and West Va on a neutral court, so they are an extremely dangerous team when they are making shots like they did last night.

Temple shot 12-26 from 3 for the game and was 11-18 from the field at the half.

For the comment about Temple being "a bad team"...they have wins over top 10 ranked Florida St and West Va on a neutral court, so they are an extremely dangerous team when they are making shots like they did last night.

They're 10-10 overall and 1-6 in the AAC. You can call them whatever you'd like, but they are most certainly a bad team.

They're 10-10 overall and 1-6 in the AAC. You can call them whatever you'd like, but they are most certainly a bad team.

Bad team or not, at the end of the day it's another top 75 win on UC's resume. I simply stated they are a dangerous team when they shoot like they did last night...and used examples of West Va and Florida State to prove it.

UC is quietly putting together a very good season. As is the norm, they are not pretty to watch but they play hard and are dangerous. They can beat some really good teams but are capable of losing to some very mediocre teams too.

UC is quietly putting together a very good season. As is the norm, they are not pretty to watch but they play hard and are dangerous. They can beat some really good teams but are capable of losing to some very mediocre teams too.

Simply a lazy and inaccurate narrative on this team. They are the best offensive unit of the Cronin Era and have only been in danger of losing to one average team all season when Marshall shot the lights out in a 93-91 win. It simply isn't a grind it out team that can only win games played in the 50s and 60s...

Simply a lazy and inaccurate narrative on this team. They are the best offensive unit of the Cronin Era and have only been in danger of losing to one average team all season when Marshall shot the lights out in a 93

Not lazy and not inaccurate. It was actually a compliment of the team and Mic. I agree it is the best offensive unit in Mic's era but that is not saying much. He is a defensive minded coach and very few of his teams have been considered stellar offensively. They can put up points on the weak sisters they have played but when they play strong teams, 70 would be considered a good offensive effort. Again, I am a UC fan but they historically are not pretty to watch. They are prone to 6-8 minute stretches where they don't score or maybe score 2 pts. They are not a team you want to play in the tournament because if they do shoot it well that night, they will beat you because their effort is there and they are long and quick defensively. However, if you catch them on a bad shooting night, A LOT of teams can beat them. I am very much looking forward to the X game. With UCONN being so down this year, their league is pretty weak so the X game will be one of the last games they play against a strong team.

Being a UC fan doesn't make what you said any less educated. Have they been tough to watch on offense in years past? Yup. This team isn't and portraying them as such is lazy and inaccurate. The numbers back me up in every relevant measure...