2nd Region Rankings - Week 5

1.Christian County (13-2):

The Colonels split both games last week losing 68-65 to McCracken County but bouncing back and picking up a 98-82 win over University Heights.

2.Hopkinsville (13-4):

The Tigers continue to roar, having won 6 straight with 4 of them being by double digits.

3.Henderson County (12-5):

The Colonels have put together a 3 game win streak and have won 6 of their last 7, that lone loss? 63-60 @ University Heights.

4.Madisonville North-Hopkins (10-7):

Madisonville North-Hopkins picked up two straight wins this past week before falling to Henderson County on Saturday night. The Maroons seem to be struggling putting multiple wins together.

5.Hopkins County Central (11-7):

The Storm started the season off 5-0 before losing 6 straight before picking 6 straight wins back up but the Storm would fall to Caldwell County 82-80 in OT.

6.University Heights (7-10):

University Heights has won 3 of their last 4 games including a 63-60 win over #3 Henderson County.

7. Webster County (10-9)

8. Livingston Central (8-8)

9. Lyon County (7-7)

10. Dawson Springs (7-7)

11. Caldwell County (5-8)

12. Union County (5-10)

13. Crittenden County (6-10)

14. Fort Campbell (1-9)

15. Trigg County (5-10)

UHA is 7-10 but 5 of their losses are to out of state teams. They're 3-2 in the region, those 2 losses were to Hopkinsville and Christian County. I'd be surprised if they lose to any 2nd region teams outside of district play this season. Hopkins Central lost to a bad Caldwell team, Madisonville lost to Henderson and UHA beat Henderson. UHA also has good non-region wins over McCracken County and Russellville. I'm just looking for an explanation for why they're ranked so low.

uha is clearly the 3rd best team in the region. They beat Henderson with Tandy at less Than full strength.

Uha could be better than Henderson but Henderson played without their leading scorer and their top 2 guys of the bench. And uha wins by just 3 on their home court. So maybe number three but not clearly.

UHA is 7-10 but 5 of their losses are to out of state teams. They're 3-2 in the region, those 2 losses were to Hopkinsville and Christian County. I'd be surprised if they lose to any 2nd region teams outside of district play this season. Hopkins Central lost to a bad Caldwell team, Madisonville lost to Henderson and UHA beat Henderson. UHA also has good non-region wins over McCracken County and Russellville. I'm just looking for an explanation for why they're ranked so low.

I agree. UHA should be #3 in the rankings. I think too much credit is being given to overall record which can be misleading. Like westernky said all of their losses have been out of region except for County and Hoptown. It looks like they are ranked #6 only because they are 7-10 and not because of what they have done in region. What quality wins does Hopkins Central and Madisonville-North Hopkins have that warrant them being ranked ahead of UHA?