Frederick Douglas 2017 Varsity Football Schedule

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-10

Teams ought to take a note from how South Warren built their football program. Senseless to play Varsity in the first year.

I could not agree more. South Warren did it right. No need to hurry to play varsity. Build yourselves up instead of jumping in to the fire with both feet.

Do we know of any football players leaving their current school to attend FD next year? We all know they are getting kids from different schools but do we know who any of them are yet?

I've seen lots of chatter in the social media world and it looks like both of the schools that are impacted with this change will be losing quite a few younger players. Not sure if any older established ones will follow. I expect the biggest challenge they face in year 1 is having a coach with no high school experience. I'm not saying that as a shot at their new head coach, it's just in any job there will be an adjustment period. Who he hires as his coordinators will tell everyone how successful they will be. Also, he seems to be lucky that he has a football guy as his principal, as it is next to impossible to get assistant coaches in the building at FCPS.

I'll say this much though, Fayette Co. spared no expense at that school.

I've seen lots of chatter in the social media world and it looks like both of the schools that are impacted with this change will be losing quite a few younger players. Not sure if any older established ones will follow. I expect the biggest challenge they face in year 1 is having a coach with no high school experience. I'm not saying that as a shot at their new head coach, it's just in any job there will be an adjustment period. Who he hires as his coordinators will tell everyone how successful they will be. Also, he seems to be lucky that he has a football guy as his principal, as it is next to impossible to get assistant coaches in the building at FCPS.

I'll say this much though, Fayette Co. spared no expense at that school.

I heard he will likely be bringing some of the graduate assistants with him so it is possible most of the staff will have minimal high school experience other than playing.

0-10

Teams ought to take a note from how South Warren built their football program. Senseless to play Varsity in the first year.

If you have open enrollment you can do that. If you do not then you cannot "force" kids to change schools because the new school does not offer the same programs.

I heard he will likely be bringing some of the graduate assistants with him so it is possible most of the staff will have minimal high school experience other than playing.

Are these guys going to be teachers? I know GA's don't make a ton of money, but I can't imagine it's less than a lot of para professional positions.