Working out 2017

newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone work out with one of those rowing machines?
I use them a lot. One of the best tools can you use if used correctly. Great for intervals of long distance pain fests. If you decide to use one please do yourself a favor and learn proper technique first. Lot's of youtube videos on how to row properly. Google Concept 2 rower technique.

Today was my first day back in the gym since tearing my meniscus. I lifted 45 minutes and swam 20 minutes. Not bad for first day back.

After seeing my numbers at the doctor's office yesterday, I'm very motivated to get back in shape.

Today was workout number 11 of the year.

3 hours and 2 minutes.

A biology friend of mind once told me long workouts are inefficient. Basically they put more stress on your body than is required to get the same effect. This was in reference to weight training only. I'm ignorant in the ways of cardio.

A biology friend of mind once told me long workouts are inefficient. Basically they put more stress on your body than is required to get the same effect. This was in reference to weight training only. I'm ignorant in the ways of cardio.
It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Weight training should really take no longer than 45 mins - 1 hour total. Cardio 20-30mins with shorter more intense days thrown in. If you are training for a marathon or some other long endurance competition you will obviously have to put in more time than this. But putting in 2-3 hour workouts a day is by rule pretty inefficient. You put your body in to starvation mode and burn your muscle. You first goal should be strength training than cardio.