Head Coach at Nelson County Resigns.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Kenton County, we had a HC terminated because a parent over heard the coach saying a four letter word in the locker room at half time. We live in a PC world and are evaluated by people who never worked in athletics.

I assume that parent never said a four letter word at work or in front of there child!?! (You know the saying, "People is glass houses . . . . .) While I agree appropriate language around children should be used, I also understand no one perfect and situations can get heated.

Here in Kenton County, we had a HC terminated because a parent over heard the coach saying a four letter word in the locker room at half time. We live in a PC world and are evaluated by people who never worked in athletics.

LOL you've got to be kidding.

This was very unfortunate and should not have happened. However knowing both parties very well this is another example of the inept leadership of the Nelson County schools. The handled this poorly just as they do every situation within that district. This once proud district is a train wreck on every level!

Sad situation!

14-2 and a forced resignation?

In my opinion, record should have no bearing on a decision of a school to keep or release a coach if they feel there was something that warrants a dismissal. That decision should be based ONLY on the facts of the issue.

If you're talking about the Scott incident, that was much more involved than just a parent overhearing a cuss word from the locker room.

That coach is a very good friend of mine and I don't agree with his dismissal one bit and think they made a big mistake, but it wasn't just because a parent overheard a comment. Much more to it than that. Again, don't agree with what happened at all!

In my opinion, record should have no bearing on a decision of a school to keep or release a coach if they feel there was something that warrants a dismissal. That decision should be based ONLY on the facts of the issue.

Just depends on what the incident was.