Newport Central Catholic 71 Beechwood 56

It started out like it was going to be Beechwood's night as they score the first 7 points of the game, but once the Breds got the lead at 21-19 with 4:00 left in the 2nd quarter, the Red and White Tigers would not see a lead.

Game was nip and tuck throughout the first 3 quarters, as NewCath held a slim, 42-39 advantage heading into the final stanza, but great pressure "D", conversion off turnovers/steals, and some great shooting propelled NewCath to its largest margin at 61-43 midway thru the 4th.

The Breds forced the Tigers to have 14 turnovers and collected 9 steals.

Brennan Hall might have led the Breds in scoring, but IMO, Jr. Jalen McDaniel was the player of the game for NewCath 5/7 FG, 7/9 FT, 1 BLK, 2 steals, and some great defense......very impressive outing. :ylsuper:

NewCath shot 52% from the field in the 2nd half (16/31).

Very impressed with Owen Alcorn from Beechwood, young man can play.

Ben Toebbe with a very SOLID night, 15 pts & 11 rebs.

Also, Patrick Henschen can get off the floor, Jerod Iles fed him for a monster FLUSH.

Beechwood

FG 19/51 37%

3pt 8/24 33%

FT's 10/13 77%

Alcorn 22

Toebbe 15

Draud 6

Schilling 6

Huff 4

Deatherage 3

NewCath

FG 27/64 42%

3pt 8/23 35%

FT's 9/11 82%

Hall 24

McDaniel 18

Moeves 10

Wurtz 6

Henschen 4

Kremar 3

Sp. Pangallo 2

St. Pangallo 2

Luken 2

Thanks to @statman for what else.....the stats.

Also, thanks to @Baseball Nut 24 for the use of his phone to post the 2nd half updates. I didn't have time to fully charge my phone when I got home from work and my back-up battery was also dead. :banghead:

Anytime LB.....And I might add a hat-less LB13 tonight. Not used to seeing that.

FYI: The two of you got a shout out from the guys at NKYSports during the Lloyd/Newport broadcast for your NewCath/Beechwood updates as well as them giving the whole explanation about LB's battery issues.

You seriously can't do anything in this town without everybody knowing about it. :lol2:

NCC still looks like they are trying to find the right combo of lineups. I can tell you I have no clue which would work best. I don't know what you do with the 3 post players. They really only have 2 forwards and one was there but not dressed last night. They have a lot of perimeter players who are very quick. Not sure if you try to pair up the big guys or try to go with a 3 guard line-up. It looks like on any given night they could be really good and then then next night struggle.