Denver Broncos

This is a good hire.

This is what I have been saying why I don't like the Rooney Rule.

If a owner or GM thinks a person is good enough then they hire them, regardless of color. Only color that counts in NFL is green and only wins count.

You shouldn't have to interview someone just because of race or to say that you interviewed a person of race. Just hire who you think can do it.

Elway thought he was the man and he hired him.

This is a good hire.

This is what I have been saying why I don't like the Rooney Rule.

If a owner or GM thinks a person is good enough then they hire them, regardless of color. Only color that counts in NFL is green and only wins count.

You shouldn't have to interview someone just because of race or to say that you interviewed a person of race. Just hire who you think can do it.

Elway thought he was the man and he hired him.

I think it is a good rule. Yeah sometimes its a formality because a team may actually already know who they want, and are just interviewing because of the rule. However sometimes because of the rule, it gives someone a chance that may not have had that opportunity and they could blow it out of the water during that interview and get the job. Or at the very least, it does allow a person to go through the process of the interview. Which would help them in the future for when and if they get another interview to be a head coach.

I think it is a good rule. Yeah sometimes its a formality because a team may actually already know who they want, and are just interviewing because of the rule. However sometimes because of the rule, it gives someone a chance that may not have had that opportunity and they could blow it out of the water during that interview and get the job. Or at the very least, it does allow a person to go through the process of the interview. Which would help them in the future for when and if they get another interview to be a head coach.

I disagree respectfully.

A team already knows before an interview who they want.

I disagree respectfully.

A team already knows before an interview who they want.

Joseph interviewed so well two years ago, when they interviewed him for the head coaching job that they almost hired him that year before Kubiak became available. Him going through that interview process 2 years ago made him stand out so much, that they knew he was who they wanted this go around.

So yes the rule helped him, because the rule helped him get that interview a few years ago. When he may not have gotten it since he had never even been a coordinator at that point yet. However that rule helped grant him that interview and he stood out because of it. Which just helped land him that job this time around.

Assistant

So far the assistants and recent players who have left all have also continued to lose their first playoff games. Zimmer and Gruden last year. Joseph as the DC in Miami lost. Players Marvin Jones, Reggie Nelson, Leon Hall all lost 1st games. Sanu has a bye but if they lose this weekend he also doesn't have any playoff wins still.

The Bengals curse follows players and coaches.