8th Region present and future talk.

Spindoc--in reply to the following post:

Lost by 7 at home is almost taking someone down?

OK, let's just analyze Spencer with the hopes we don't totally derail the already misguided thread.

Spencer is 10-6. Of their 10 wins, only one opponent has a winning record in DeSales who is also 10-6. The combined record of the opponents they've beaten is 52-92 for a winning % of .361. Not exactly the juggernauts you'd prognosticate.

They host LaRue Co who is 12-2 on the 17th. Maybe they can graduate from almost taking them down to making it reality.

Reply--I would think a reasonable person would say that if South Oldham, Oldham, and Collins are generally considered the top three teams in the region then Spencer County losing to each by single digits would say that they aren't that far behind. Never said that Spencer was a juggernaut. Also, I would definitely say losing by 7 points to the "supposed" top ranked team (Oldham County) at home is an almost upset. Especially when "lowly" Spencer County was down by 4 with two minutes left. You won't admit it, but I would be willing to bet you thought that would be a blowout. Sorry it hurts so many peoples feeling on here that Spencer County has become successful. Get used to it for the immediate future. Talent plus great coaching equals wins. Also, all you people out there creating rumors that Coach Burns is leaving--quit wasting your time. He's staying. Anyway, I'll try not to say too many nice things about Spencer County in the future. Some of you might not be able to handle it. Don't want to hurt any feelings. I'll keep quiet and enjoy the success. Just remember I said it first on here back in the summer. Peace out!

Future talk:

Anderson will have 3 returning starters (assuming nothing changes over the summer), a couple of improving if unspectacular at this point sophomores that will be junior's and should contribute, and a good current freshman class that should see good contributions from 2-3 players as sophomores next year.

I said over the summer that AC should have a 4 year window (including this year) of seriously competing for the region 8 title. After that there is a very talented 5th grade group right now that will make a LOT of noise as high schoolers, but let's not get too far out there. :)

I have watched a number of games in the 8th region over the past 2 years since moving to this area from EKY. This season I have seen the following teams in the 8th region: Anderson, Collins, Shelby, Oldham, and South Oldham. I am not partisan towards any school. My top 4 teams considering all are healthy and on a neutral court would be: 1)-tie Collins, and South Oldham 3) Oldham 4) Anderson.

Right now in the 30th district either Collins or Anderson is going to have to play Spencer in the first round of the district tournament at Collins so if Spencer is actually the 5th place team then one of those 3 (Collins, Anderson, and Spencer) will not ever make it to the regional tournament. Come the 8th regional tourn. these 5 teams 4 of them will be in the regional tourn. 2 as winners and 2 as runner ups who could actually draw each other in the first round. Which I would think what the representatives from the 31st and 32nd districts would probably hope for. Should be one of the most competitive regional. As will the 30th district game between Spencer and either Collins or Anderson.

Anderson entered the school year with three potential players that would fill the absence of Gillis and then some. Unfortunately, all three are no longer with the team for a variety of reasons so the preseason predictions must be dampened somewhat. However, Coach Drury will get the most out of his roster and they will be a thorn in someone's side come tournament time.