Cincinnati Moeller (OH) invades the Bluegrass!

The Moeller Crusaders released their 2017 schedule today and to say they have decided to put some miles on the buses early and INVADE THE BLUEGRASS would be an understatement!!

Ohio Week 2 - @ Louisville Trinity, 9/1 @ 7:30 PM

Ohio Week 3 - @ Scott County, 9/8 @ 7:00 PM

If that wasn't enough, they open their home schedule with ANOTHER KY opponent!!

Ohio Week 4 - vs. Lafayette, 9/15 @ 7:00 PM

Holy Hillbillies Batman!! :eek: What has gotten into Mighty Moeller!? I guess missing the playoffs two years in a row has them searching south of the Ohio River for fat, juicy Harbin Cows to bolster their schedule.

Any thoughts on those three teams next year? Obviously big names and good/great success recently. Is that going to continue?

-CardinalsFan

The Moeller Crusaders released their 2017 schedule today and to say they have decided to put some miles on the buses early and INVADE THE BLUEGRASS would be an understatement!!

Holy Hillbillies Batman!! :eek: What has gotten into Mighty Moeller!? I guess missing the playoffs two years in a row has them searching south of the Ohio River for fat, juicy Harbin Cows to bolster their schedule.

Any thoughts on those three teams next year? Obviously big names and good/great success recently. Is that going to continue?

-CardinalsFan

I would never call Trinity a Harbin Cow but that was my exact thought when I saw Scott County and Lafayette.

Scott County knows what they are getting into because they have been playing Elder.

Lafayette on the other hand... Hey Generals, playing Moeller is like playing Trinity but I am ecstatic to see you scheduling the Crusaders.

-CardinalsFan

Scott County and Lafayette will likely be good for that. Trinity, though, is a dangerous gamble. They will likely end with a great record, but Moe might just be one of those teams in Trinity's win column since they look to come back strong for 2017.

Scott County and Lafayette will likely be good for that. Trinity, though, is a dangerous gamble. They will likely end with a great record, but Moe might just be one of those teams in Trinity's win column since they look to come back strong for 2017.

I have no doubt that Trinity will beat Moeller.

Keep in mind that Moeller was 4-6 last year and 5-5 the year before. Trinity should never fear a team that is 9-11 over a two year period...I don't care whose name is on the jersey.

-CardinalsFan

I have no doubt that Trinity will beat Moeller.

Keep in mind that Moeller was 4-6 last year and 5-5 the year before. Trinity should never fear a team that is 9-11 over a two year period...I don't care whose name is on the jersey.

-CardinalsFan

That might not be a wise thing for Trinity to do...discount Moeller, that is.

Last meeting between Moe & T was 2014 at Moe... we lost 17-14 in a tough fought game where we were 0-3 on FG attempts which obviously bit us. Looking forward to seeing this matchup again!! Would rather have that any day than these local blowouts that aren't much fun for the fans or the team.

They won't. They are Trinity. Notice I said fear. I seriously doubt Trinity fears anybody....ever.

-CardinalsFan

I agree. The really good teams (and I know Trinity is one of them) do not fear. But I'm sure they have a great deal of respect for a program with the tradition that Moeller has. During my 4 years at Moeller, the team had 2 national championships, 3 Ohio state championships and a combined record of 46-1.

Last meeting between Moe & T was 2014 at Moe... we lost 17-14 in a tough fought game where we were 0-3 on FG attempts which obviously bit us. Looking forward to seeing this matchup again!! Would rather have that any day than these local blowouts that aren't much fun for the fans or the team.

Nod. I was there that night, and it was a great game. Chuckle, though, I was new to the city then and had a hard time finding where they were playing.