Louisville's Grantham to Mississippi State

TheDeuce

And apparently Louisville is going to hire MSU's defensive coordinator?

What? Now that's just weird.

Heard rumors of Grantham's departure last night. Not surprising but I'm curious about the circumstances.

Petrino REALLY hates losing to Kentucky and Grantham's failures were a big part of that.

Apparently UofL had shown interest in MSU's DC prior to the end of the year. Sounds like they are just taking Grantham as his replacement, as weird as that is.

Also adding former South Carolina DC Lorenzo Ward as secondary coach.

Apparently UofL had shown interest in MSU's DC prior to the end of the year. Sounds like they are just taking Grantham as his replacement, as weird as that is.

Also adding former South Carolina DC Lorenzo Ward as secondary coach.

Mississippi State's defense was terrible. We just swapped a DC that let Kentucky score 40 for a DC that let Kentucky score 40.

Forgive me if I'm not impressed.

Looking up the guy's bio, Peter Sirmon has had a pretty quick rise to a top coordinator position so maybe one mediocre year at MSU is not the story. He was the linebackers coach at Southern Cal before than and has experience at Washington and Tennessee.

He was the recruiting coordinator while he was at USC too.

Apparently Petrino and Jurich have been looking at him for a long time so maybe I'm too quick to judge based off one season in Starkville.

Looking up the guy's bio, Peter Sirmon has had a pretty quick rise to a top coordinator position so maybe one mediocre year at MSU is not the story. He was the linebackers coach at Southern Cal before than and has experience at Washington and Tennessee.

Apparently Petrino and Jurich have been looking at him for a long time so maybe I'm too quick to judge based off one season in Starkville.

Once I found out he was only at MSU one season, I pretty much threw out the defensive stats they had. Now he may suck, but one year isn't enough to decide that.

Sirmon is one of Sark's Animal House fraternity brothers from Washington and USC.

As a USC fan, what do you know about him? What are we getting?

Personally, he is not as good as Grantham, IMHO. He does too many off field activities to do his job well. When he is in town, better check all the local watering holes.

Personally, he is not as good as Grantham, IMHO. He does too many off field activities to do his job well. When he is in town, better check all the local watering holes.

I've read he was a great recruiter at USC. Is that not true?