Your favorite team and why?

I have never been one to jump a bandwagon.

My favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys.

In 1976 when Dallas was playing the Steelers my mom said she thought Terry Bradshaw was cute and I immediately rooted for the team they were playing, Dallas. I cheered to no end and when Dallas lost I cried my eyes out. I was 5. That is the day I became a Cowboy fan.

My favorite player ever is Danny White.

I've never have liked anyone else and hate every team but Dallas and hope every team loses but Dallas.

I hate Jerry Jones for firing the greatest Cowboy coach in Tom Landry.

The Dallas Cowboys rank as my second favorite team right behind UK basketball.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch less and less NFL football every year, but I grew up a Minnesota Vikings fan because my dad's family is from Minnesota and when I was a kid I thought it was a magical winter wonderland where everyone lived on a frozen pond and played hockey and went ice fishing and loved canoeing across backcountry lakes.

Turns out that's only partially true, but I never ended up moving there like I thought I would when I was a kid, and the Minnesota love has faded with time. Still enjoy watching Minnesota hockey and even the Twins on occasion, but less all the time.

Kansas City Chiefs

I was a huge Braves fan growing up and never really had an NFL team until the day I saw the Chiefs and Chargers playing when I was 8. The Chiefs fans were doing the tomahawk chop in the stands and I immediately connected with that as a Braves fan. I thought "they are the Braves of the NFL" been a Chiefs fan ever since. Derrick Thomas, Neil Smith, Marcus Allen, and Joe Montana were all my favorites growing up. Its not always easy being a Chiefs fan but wouldn't trade it for the world!!

Was never a football fan until middle school. When I was on our 7th grade basketball team, we often practiced at the same time as the 8th graders. I remember in the locker room one day after practice some of the other kids (mostly Steelers & Browns fans) giving this 8th grader grief about being a Bengals fan. I remember him saying "You watch, we're going to the Super Bowl next year!" and everybody just laughed.

Now, I was a die-hard Reds fan at that time, and figured what-the-heck, why not follow Cincinnati's football team too. Didn't get to watch them much on tv during the regular season, unless they were playing the Browns or maybe the Steelers. But distinctly remember sitting in chair inside a sleeping bag I got for Christmas watching the AFC Championship game against the Chargers.

Have been a Bengals fan (and a Collinsworth fan) ever since.

I have never been one to jump a bandwagon.

My favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys.

In 1976 when Dallas was playing the Steelers my mom said she thought Terry Bradshaw was cute and I immediately rooted for the team they were playing, Dallas. I cheered to no end and when Dallas lost I cried my eyes out. I was 5. That is the day I became a Cowboy fan.

My favorite player ever is Danny White.

I've never have liked anyone else and hate every team but Dallas and hope every team loses but Dallas.

I hate Jerry Jones for firing the greatest Cowboy coach in Tom Landry.

The Dallas Cowboys rank as my second favorite team right behind UK basketball.

I too was a die hard Cowboys fan as a kid. Started when my family went to visit relatives in the early/mid '70's in Plano, TX and we sat behind Roger Staubach in church. Follow that up by them drafting Tony Dorsett, whom I thought was too cool after catching a few Pitt games on Saturday TV.

Big Danny White fan as well, thought it was awesome that he punted too.

Yeah Jerry Jones did ruin it. But as you get older the passion for pro teams wanes. Want Packers to win this weekend.

Miami Dolphins.

First time I saw Larry Csonka crush a DB I was in love with the team. I first started watching Football when they were THE team in '72 and '73. Cried when the Raiders beat them in '74 on the Stabler heave to Davis.

Really thought they were going to pull it out vs the Skins in '83 Super Bowl. Exhausted when they lost to the Chargers in the OT thriller. Had my share of crushing moments over the years and now, I refuse to ever let them get my hopes up again. I watch with guarded pessimism.

But I still have the early 70's to bring a smile to my face.