Was The National Championship More About Watson or More About Clemson?

GrantNKY

Was Clemsons National Championship win more about a once in a generation player Deshaun Watson i.e. Cam Newton at Auburn or is it about what kind of program Clemson has become. Obviously we have to wait 8 months to find out, but I think this is the biggest storyline going into next year.

Clemson was OSU 2015, up and down year, had all the pieces, didn't lose to the wrong team and put it all together in the end.

Yep. OSU should have just lost to Indiana earlier in the year instead of MSU and that season would have been looked upon completely different. They both had poor performances against non power 5 schools (NIU for OSU and Troy for Clemson), both would have games where they blow a team out and then the next game almost lose to Indiana or NC State. Both teams were just looking forward to the playoffs. One had a slip up against a mediocre team and won a NC and the other lost on a cold, rainy night in November against a team that made the playoffs. It's a shame how that worked out.

I am glad Clemson won, but does anyone think they win if the RB doesn't get hurt for Alabama? I really think Bama wins if he doesn't. Watson is the true competitor but he does have some awesome cast around him.

I think Clemson still wins even if Scarbrough didn't get hurt. I wish he wouldn't have though so I could have been proven correct though.

I am glad Clemson won, but does anyone think they win if the RB doesn't get hurt for Alabama? I really think Bama wins if he doesn't. Watson is the true competitor but he does have some awesome cast around him.
IMO, if Scarborough doesn't get hurt Bama wins. That said when Watson started getting some rhythm and confidence I thought Bama was in trouble. They just had no answer for Clemson's passing game. Whether they win or not I would have loved to see what Scarborough could have done.

Even without Scarbrough they still have 2 fantastic backs in Harris and Jacobs and couldn't even pick up a 3rd down 12 straight times to end the game. Scarbrough makes a difference and he was running hard at the end of the year obviously, but there isn't such a large drop off between him and the other 2 backs. Even when Scarbrough was in there the offense struggled he just made 2 manly runs. If Scarbrough doesn't play Clemson would have blown out Bama.

Even without Scarbrough they still have 2 fantastic backs in Harris and Jacobs and couldn't even pick up a 3rd down 12 straight times to end the game. Scarbrough makes a difference and he was running hard at the end of the year obviously, but there isn't such a large drop off between him and the other 2 backs. Even when Scarbrough was in there the offense struggled he just made 2 manly runs. If Scarbrough doesn't play Clemson would have blown out Bama.
I disagree. I think Bo is far superior to the other two. He was just healthy towards the end of the season. Well, until the season ending injury.

This was about both...Watson is a great college QB and this Clemson team had all the pieces in place to take advantage of their opportunity. Very few teams win a College Title without a "Great Player" and no great player wins without having a "Great Team" around him.

Even if Clemson doesn't get back to the title or even the playoffs the next couple of years...it doesn't take away from their program. Clemson is IMO ready to roll now...getting a title puts them on another level recruiting and get's the kids to buy in that much more to what Dabo is doing. I'm a life ling Alabama Football fan...but Clemson/Dabo has won me over and I'll be rooting for them also.