Inauguration or Coronation?

I am completely open and hopeful about the Trump presidency. I really am. I think change is good and there are certainly changes needed in Washington. But what Trump has done in forming his cabinet and now putting his son in law in the White House is putting my hopefullness to a test. As billionaires, Wall Street bankers and multi-millionaires keep getting appointed it feels like the King is appointing his Dukes to their fiefdoms. Now we have what in some ways appears to be a "crown prince" in the White House. I hope these appointees fulfill the promises of Trump but I become more leery with each new appointment. I am sure the Dems on here will be eager to embellish on this post. However, I am more interested in the Trump supporters. Are the Trumpeteers concerned about the background and makeup of the Trump administration? Please tell me why I shouldn't be worried about the billionaire takeover of Washington.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO he is putting very smart business people in business positions to help create jobs and get us out of debt.

IMO he is putting very smart military leaders in military positions to help get the military back to greatness and raise morale and be able to fight terrorism.

IMO he is putting people in positions that might actually follow the law.

IMO he is putting people in charge that might want to actually help people.

Understand your concerns, but what did you expect a businessman to do other than to surround himself with proven winners & other successful people? I'll take my chances for a change with these types rather than the career politicians, cronies, etc. that Obama and many others before him have tapped to serve in these posts.

Let's try some folks in charge that have run something, built something, drawn a non-governmental paycheck, employed people, met a payroll, etc.? Sick & tired of these career bureaucrats that have never done an honest days' work; and couldn't hold a job in the private sector if their lives depended on it.

At least we're pretty sure they're not in it for the money?

I do not have as much of a problem with nepotism as others, if said appointee is capable. I would have had no objections to Bill Clinton being appointed to a high profile position. And let's be honest, Kushner is probably a stabilizing figure in Trump's life.

Many critical of Trump's appointments are still treating him like a traditional politician and applying the same litmus test. It does not apply. On the surface the lack of diversity seems troubling, but what do I know?

What a weak argument.

Am I wrong in my assumption that virtually 100% of all cabinet members of all President's are multi-millionaires?

I am not sure how you define "multi-millionaires", but my guess is 99/100 appointments at this level are doing more than well for themselves.

He may be the President one day....he got your vote PP92?

Way too early to say. Depends on who he is running against and whether or not he can maintain my approval while serving under Donald. I do like Kushner a lot though. He is the only person in the Trump administration that you will ever see me speak highly of.