Best Coaches in your Region

Bandit29

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16th has several good coaches don't want to try and list them because I may leave someone out, but it has some very good baseball minds.

I actually think baseball may be the best sport the region has. There are many competitive teams from top to bottom and in every district and it is producing some players at the next level.

Past 5 years:

Record

Harrison Co. 131-54

Scott 106-79

Head to Head

Harrison Co. leads 6-4

Regional Titles

Harrison Co. 1

Scott 2

District Titles

Harrison Co. 5

Scott 2

You can't even compare districts or schedules in this equation. Scott's is much tougher, plus they play all the tough 9th region teams in the area. And Scott has been the underdog almost all of those 5 years. I'd also say Scott has been the fundamentally better team over those 5 years.

I'm not trying to discredit Whitaker at all. He's definitely a legend.

In the ninth region I don't think it is even close. Jeremy Baioni is by far the best coach in NKy period. Wasn't he the state coach of the year two years ago? He has turned around a horrible baseball program at Highlands to be one of the best year in and year out. Jeremy is passionate and is always learning how to make his kids better. Trust me Jeremy wasn't chosen to help coach the KY Team in the Futures Games for no reason. The guy flat out gets it done!!

Although he does not get the accolades for regional titles Rob Sanders at Bellevue is one of the top coaches in the 9th region and year in and year out maximizes his talent. He is able to be competitive with larger programs despite being at such a small school and not having very many (if any) players playing select baseball.

Although he does not get the accolades for regional titles Rob Sanders at Bellevue is one of the top coaches in the 9th region and year in and year out maximizes his talent. He is able to be competitive with larger programs despite being at such a small school and not having very many (if any) players playing select baseball.

Rob is great at squeezing the most out of his teams year in and year out. Big schools can count on his teams never laying down, and having to play fundamentally sound to beat them!

I don't think you can have this discussion without including Baioni (HHS) in the 9th.

Hands down the best coach in the region over the last few yrs.

9th Region - Hands down Baioni. He doesn't just coach a team. He understands that in order to build a PROGRAM, you have to do it from the ground up. This is one of the biggest reasons Highlands has had their recent run of success. IMO they will continue to be the top team in the 9th region as long as he is there.