Elite Programs?

GrantNKY

For me, elite means they've been doing it for more than 2-3 years.

That's pretty much Alabama and no one else.

Ohio State, Florida State, and Clemson are right there on the verge.

I don't really have a problem with that since you defined what your criteria for elite is. I would lay $500 on the next 4 National Championships being won by the 4 teams you named.

I don't really have a problem with that since you defined what your criteria for elite is. I would lay $500 on the next 4 National Championships being won by the 4 teams you named.

I may be willing to take you up on that, because I could see USC, Texas, and Oklahoma causing problems in that lol.

I may be willing to take you up on that, because I could see USC, Texas, and Oklahoma causing problems in that lol.
I would still take the 4 teams I named I wouldn't replace anyone of them with a team you named. All of the schools you named will be talked about, but none will win championship within the next 5 years. They aren't going to out recruit these 4 teams and I don't think they can out coach these 4 coaches.

I would still take the 4 teams I named I wouldn't replace anyone of them with a team you named. All of the schools you named will be talked about, but none will win championship within the next 5 years. They aren't going to out recruit these 4 teams and I don't think they can out coach these 4 coaches.

Texas had some decent talent already and will only get better. By year 3 or 4 they can. USC is going to be able to recruit just fine. Their program is back on the up and up now that they are a few years removed from their sanctions. Plus they have one of the top 3 qbs in football, who will be there the next 2 years at least. As for Oklahoma if they are going to do it, it has to be next year since Baker is back.

Texas had some decent talent already and will only get better. By year 3 or 4 they can. USC is going to be able to recruit just fine. Their program is back on the up and up now that they are a few years removed from their sanctions. Plus they have one of the top 3 qbs in football, who will be there the next 2 years at least. As for Oklahoma if they are going to do it, it has to be next year since Baker is back.

Like I said I think all 3 of those teams are great and will probably all 3 make the playoffs. They aren't winning a NC though in my eyes at least.

Like I said I think all 3 of those teams are great and will probably all 3 make the playoffs. They aren't winning a NC though in my eyes at least.

You may be right lol. That's why I said I only maybe would be willing to make that bet lol.

However just look how quickly things can change in 4 years. Just 4 years I don't think anyone thought FSU wins the title with a freshman qb, the year after they lost a 1st round qb. 4 years ago Clemson was good but no one thought they would be a true title contender. 4 years ago Oregon was great, and now they don't even make a bowl game. The only real consistent team who still battled for championships from 4 years ago has been Bama.