Ebay

doomer

Has anyone else been hosed over by an ebay transaction? I purchased 5 bottles of a Shaklee product in November. it was not what I wanted, so I received an RMA from the seller, and I returned the product...which is quite expensive. The seller has never replied, and Ebay decided in two minutes that they won't honor a refund.

I will never touch ebay again.

Has anyone else been hosed over by an ebay transaction? I purchased 5 bottles of a Shaklee product in November. it was not what I wanted, so I received an RMA from the seller, and I returned the product...which is quite expensive. The seller has never replied, and Ebay decided in two minutes that they won't honor a refund.

I've had issues with them too.

Make sure you give that seller a really bad review before you leave.

I am giving the seller one more chance. If they had told me they wouldn't accept the return, I would have kept the bottles and given them as gifts. Now I have neither the bottles of cleaner or my money.

I am going to threaten the full weight of a Bluegrasspreps thread.

Never been hosed on a purchase.

Been hosed a very few times as a seller, because as a rule, with eBay the buyer is always right. Virtually all of their policies are "buyer-friendly".

Latest one (and there have only been a handful in all the years I've been selling" - I listed a set of 4 pottery bowls. Described the 4 bowls in the item description, photographed the 4 bowls. However, in a senior moment I said "set of 5 bowls" in the title. The buyer wants his money back because he didn't get "his 5 bowls." I initiated a return (paid for a return shipping label) because I can't abide someone getting something for nothing from me; still haven't heard from the buyer. I think he thinks if he ignores the process long enough, he will keep them.

Doomer, your case is unusual.

I buy and sell on ebay all the time... Have very few problems. Only buy from reputable sellers.

THIS!!! I've always bought from highly regarded sellers and have always been treated fairly and gotten exactly what was described. I'm sure there are many shafters out there but, as of yet, I haven't come across them. Again, the key is to buy from sellers who have fine reputations and a long history of successful transactions.

Taking a chance with unproved sellers will likely result in you posting your frustrations on a message board.

Did you try disputing with PayPal? I have only sold a few items on eBay but bought hundreds over the years, had a few bad purchases, 1 guy sold me a bunch of fake Sony memory sticks for camcorders, they wouldn't read, looked identical to real Sony sticks. I messaged the seller, he said to return, then his account was gone, disputed with eBay and nothing, so disputed with PayPal and got my money back.