Just watched an hour of the Sessions confirmation hearing

All Tell

What a dog and pony show. Every member of that committee has already decided how they will vote and I would venture to say that every member of the Senate has decided as well. Since the Dems nuked the filibuster of appointments they can't stop him so I guess all they have is theatrics.

Saw questions from Grassley, Feinstein, Hatch and Lehey.

Grassley and Hatch both asked several times if Sessions would enforce laws passed by congress.

Feinstein and Lehey both took him to task for positions he may or may not have and asked if he would enforce laws he voted against or if he would defend laws he disagreed with. I was really hoping he would evoke Holder's refusal to defend DOMA and the entire Obama Justice department's reticence to enforce immigration law but it didn't happen, at least while I was watching.

A little later Corey Booker will get his moment when he testifies against Sessions.

If the subject wasn't so serious it would be laughable.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question, did protesters do this when Obama had his people confirmed.

Did other senators testify against fellow senators when Obama had his people confirmed?

Believe this is the first time a Senator has ever testified against another Senator during confirmation hearings.

MTV sure made some bad comments on his granddaughter.

It's my guess they are the liberal video channel.

"Sessions, sir, kindly return this Asian baby to the Toys 'R' us you stole from her," Ira Madison, III wrote on Twitter.

Mr. Madison is a culture writer for MTV news and co-hosts a podcast.

Disgusting! MTV Writer Slams Sessions' Granddaughter — Todd Starnes

Isn't this kind of a racist statement in this politically correct world Dems live in.

Sessions, sir, kindly return this Asian baby to the Toys 'R' us you stole from her," Ira Madison, III wrote on Twitter.

Isn't this kind of a racist statement in this politically correct world Dems live in.

Sessions, sir, kindly return this Asian baby to the Toys 'R' us you stole from her," Ira Madison, III wrote on Twitter.

Looked up this guy on Twitter, he is a real scumbag. With a filthy mouth.