Now 7 JCPS Head Coach Openings (Updated)

Pete W

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seneca is a really difficult spot for sure, but Western had a pretty decent year last year.

There results are copied below for you. They played with Butler and got beat by teams that shouldn't be on their schedule (Male and Manual in particular). They beat Valley and they had a decent year as well. They won't beat John Hardin very much, but I think this could be a spot someone could come in and do a good job and elevate from where they are now. Lose those 6A schools and replace with more manageable ones and head upward.

Aug 19, 16 North Oldham away (W) 41 - 19

Aug 26, 16 Seneca away (W) 50 - 28

Sep 2, 16 Butler home (L) 22 - 25

Sep 9, 16 Ballard away (L) 6 - 42

Sep 16, 16 Holy Cross (Louisville) away (L) 6 - 9

Sep 23, 16 DuPont Manual home (L) 6 - 40

Oct 7, 16 Valley home (W) 36 - 20

Oct 14, 16 Breckinridge County away (W) 50 - 13

Oct 21, 16 John Hardin away (L) 8 - 49

Oct 28, 16 Male home (L) 6 - 41

Nov 4, 16 Collins home (L) 6 - 43

Seneca is a really difficult spot for sure, but Western had a pretty decent year last year.

There results are copied below for you. They played with Butler and got beat by teams that shouldn't be on their schedule (Male and Manual in particular). They beat Valley and they had a decent year as well. They won't beat John Hardin very much, but I think this could be a spot someone could come in and do a good job and elevate from where they are now. Lose those 6A schools and replace with more manageable ones and head upward.

Aug 19, 16 North Oldham away (W) 41 - 19

Aug 26, 16 Seneca away (W) 50 - 28

Sep 2, 16 Butler home (L) 22 - 25

Sep 9, 16 Ballard away (L) 6 - 42

Sep 16, 16 Holy Cross (Louisville) away (L) 6 - 9

Sep 23, 16 DuPont Manual home (L) 6 - 40

Oct 7, 16 Valley home (W) 36 - 20

Oct 14, 16 Breckinridge County away (W) 50 - 13

Oct 21, 16 John Hardin away (L) 8 - 49

Oct 28, 16 Male home (L) 6 - 41

Nov 4, 16 Collins home (L) 6 - 43

Very good point, Seneca is definitely the more difficult of the two. Western's record would probably be better, but they played those 6A teams to make a little bit of money.

Very good point, Seneca is definitely the more difficult of the two. Western's record would probably be better, but they played those 6A teams to make a little bit of money.

Also a good point!

Didn't Coach Scroggins coach at Doss before he decided to go to Central? Would seem to be a great opportunity that a good young coach could go in and put his name on a program to try and take them to places they haven't been before just like at Central.

Also a good point!

Didn't Coach Scroggins coach at Doss before he decided to go to Central? Would seem to be a great opportunity that a good young coach could go in and put his name on a program to try and take them to places they haven't been before just like at Central.

Yes, he did coach at Doss before heading to Central.

Gotta wonder if these guys keeping their teaching jobs get over staffed in the process of hiring replacements...

There have been times in the past where a new coach can be hired and because they're a head coach of a varsity sport another teacher will get pushed out to make room for the incoming coach/teacher.

Is this a sign of a waning interest in football, at least at the high school level? I question whether football in its present form will be around in 20 years. Many people feel that it is extremely costly and injury inducing.

Is this a sign of a waning interest in football, at least at the high school level? I question whether football in its present form will be around in 20 years. Many people feel that it is extremely costly and injury inducing.

Great point. What does it cost just to fully outfit a player today?

Sounds to me more like a quasi revolt against the wages paid to coaches in Jefferson Co.

More and more research is showing less head related issues with football at the lower levels (HS). At the HS i follow, they had more concussions in Girls and Boys Soccer this year then they did in Football.