National Urban League Scorecard for President Obama--How Does Your Scorecard Compare?

The National Urban League has scored President Obama's eight years in office as "Excellent," its second -highest rating. The President will leave office with an approval rating higher than any other President, with the exception of FDR, Bill Clinton, and Dwight D. Eisenhower. I will be interested to see if a bunch of white dudes from Kentucky know more than the NUL does.

Let's use this scale to rank Mr. Obama.

* 5 Exemplary

* 4 Excellent

* 3 Good

* 2 Fair

* 1 Poor

* 0 Awful

If you want you can break it down to sub-categories such as foreign policy , domestic policy, economy, etc... but I'm mostly just looking for an OVERALL rating. I'll give you mine after some of you guys give your input.

Getting healthcare passed was a big accomplishment(soon to be taken away , perhaps). I think his leadership was steady and measured. I would have liked to have seen him be more assertive, especially early on. Economy rebounded nicely during his two terms. Probably needed to show a bit more strength and be tougher with Putin and Assad. Whether fair or not, as the head of the Democratic Party, he has indicated that he takes some responsibility for the political losses of his party. I think his stances on most of the important issues were correct. My biggest issue with this President is that I feel like he fretted away some valuable political capital early on in his first term. He had 60 votes in the Senate and he was too willing to look for compromise with Republicans who wanted nothing more than for him to fail. I think he could have gotten more progressive intiatives done if he had view the opposition for what it was. I would have liked to have seen more of the attitude he has now, early on. I believe history will judge him quite well. I think he has done an excellent job overall and is a very thoughtful Commander-in-Chief. I rate him just below excellent, simply because I am very tough when it comes to grading Presidents.

I'll go with 3.75

Incomes are down since he took office, welfare numbers are up, poverty numbers are up, food stamp numbers are up, part time jobs are up vs full time, labor participation is the lowest in decades, disability claims are way up (due to not being able to find full time work and running out of unemployment benefits), healthcare costs are way up, respect for law enforcement is way down. All on his watch. So he gets a very generous, 1.

I would really love to know what the Obama supporters felt he tried to compromise on?

Healthcare was rammed down our collective throats. I remember him inviting Paul Ryan to a meeting only to chastise him publicly.

I remember his round-table summit where he lectured congressional Republicans.

And I remember him more then once saying I won and elections have consequences.

I honestly don't remember anything from him that I would call an attempted compromise.

I would really love to know what the Obama supporters felt he tried to compromise on?

Healthcare was rammed down our collective throats. I remember him inviting Paul Ryan to a meeting only to chastise him publicly.

I remember his round-table summit where he lectured congressional Republicans.

And I remember him more then once saying I won and elections have consequences.

I honestly don't remember anything from him that I would call an attempted compromise.

He tried to compromise during the beer summit when he open his mouth and accused the police of acting stupidly, when it was him talking stupidly and it was his way to try to save face and he didn't.

I think that's where he lost respect of the police, not to mention sending reps to attempted cop killler Michael Browns funeral.

Racial hate is all time high IMO in my lifetime.

I wish the whole world would recognize that as much as you do.

The hate is no different now than it's been. But there are two factors that make it seem worse to most:

1.) Social Media shows the worst qualities in everyone. All the racist people on Facebook and Twitter have always been racist, they just have a safe forum to publicly express their ignorant beliefs.

2.) People are less and less afraid to call out racism when they see it. So this does a couple things... Exposes racists who aren't brave enough to own their hate, and angers those who get called out on it after years of nobody ever checking them.

Just my two cents.