Justin Thomas wins in Hawaii

ggclfan

Justin Thomas (Louisville native) won the SBS Tournament of Champions at Kapalua today. I am just amazed at how far he hits it considering he is 5'10", 145 lbs. He just rips it. He is really coming into form and is now ranked 12 in the world. The U.S. has some really good young players right now...Spieth, Fowler, Thomas, Reed, Koepka, etc. Add in 30 somethings Bubba, Jimmy Walker, Dustin Johnson, Matt Kuchar, and you could have some dominant Presidents Cup and Ryder Cup teams in the next decade...and I am not even mentioning Phil and Tiger or even Jim Furyk and Zach Johnson (all in their 40's), who may very still have some good years left.

Two other things about the tournament today. First, the scenery on that course is beyond belief. I don't know how the players concentrate on golf and don't just sight see all day. Second, it was really cool to see Spieth and Walker wait for Thomas to finish and congratulate him after the round as they are all good friends.

How cool must it be to be in your mid 20's and be considered one of the 12 best in the world at ANYTHING...let alone being a professional golfer...what a future he has. His parents look really cool too...happy for the whole family.