Lexington Resturant Closures

Bluegrasscard

A few resturants of note closed since New Year.

- JDI - Jefferson Davis Inn

- Fazolis near UK campus and Kennedy Book Store

- Mexican resturant just outside Man-O-war next to Jets Pizza

Lexington’s JDI Grille & Tavern closes for good New Year’s Day | Lexington Herald-Leader

Fazoli’s near University of Kentucky campus has closed | Lexington Herald-Leader

We like JDI and were surprised about it. The Mexican place was a local favorite, especially when Malone's at Palomar was overcrowded during Keenland season.

[h=1][/h]

What happened to Fazoli's coming to Marysville.

It was supposed to be in the old Michel tire place. I heard that they had "environmental problems" with the building, but don't hold me to it.

In any event, a Maysville Fazolis will NOT cut down on my attendance at Pasquales.

It was supposed to be in the old Michel tire place. I heard that they had "environmental problems" with the building, but don't hold me to it.

In any event, a Maysville Fazolis will NOT cut down on my attendance at Pasquales.

something needs to go in that spot...that's prime commercial real estate.

I ate at that Fazolis weekly, as a broke college kid in early 90's they had the $5 all you can eat spaghetti and ziti, and would let you take one plate home with you.

Couldn't beat it, don't get the fazolis hate on here. They didn't not claim to be Vincenzo's, they still have $5 lunch specials. They have good cheap pasta.

Fazoli's had trouble competing in that location...it was a bit of a walk for the broke kids and you had Cain's and Pazzo's right in your eye.

JDI...total problem with parking. That location, while it may seem to get a lot of traffic, was not easy to get in / out / around...

I highly recommend Jamba Juice....when you visit, tip the nice young lady working there...her parents will greatly appreciate it :thumb: