[TD]Friday, October 27, 2017[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Ru. Do you think the lack of CCH playing a Cincy big boy is because they just want to make the schedule more realistic or does it mean CCH is not confident in their talent next year? I am not trying to stir the pot. I am just curious.

I like what CovCath is doing with their football schedule. It is still a solid schedule but it isn't overwhelming like it has been in the past.

I think what this has shown is how much Football in NKY has improved over the years in that teams like HHS and Cov Cath don't have to look outside their own backyards to fill their out of district schedules and find quality competition.

Having games against the likes of Ryle (again) Cooper as well as their rivalry against Beechwood going strong and other NKY teams helps start local rivalries that already exist in other sports.

I agree Ru. Do you think the lack of CCH playing a Cincy big boy is because they just want to make the schedule more realistic or does it mean CCH is not confident in their talent next year? I am not trying to stir the pot. I am just curious.

I think it has more to do with other NKY teams becoming better that they don't have to keep looking across the river to fill out of district games.

Given your two choices certainly to make the schedule more realistic.

I would go a couple of steps further and say this schedule reflects better Administration of the Covington Catholic Football Program.

And on talent next year, 2017 is CCH's year to see how they measure up against the Purples.

I think what this has shown is how much Football in NKY has improved over the years in that teams like HHS and Cov Cath don't have to look outside their own backyards to fill their out of district schedules and find quality competition.

Having games against the likes of Ryle (again) Cooper as well as their rivalry against Beechwood going strong and other NKY teams helps start local rivalries that already exist in other sports.

I agree with that too, other than Boone County the other three Boone County schools are playing solid football.

Plus if you are CovCath you definitely want to play as many solid NKY schools that you can get to schedule you.

I think it has more to do with other NKY teams becoming better that they don't have to keep looking across the river to fill out of district games.

Do you mean other teams that would not play CCH in the past will now agree to play them?

Do you mean other teams that would not play CCH in the past will now agree to play them?

Nope. Never said that as that is one tired myth always brought up by HHS and CCH fans. Show us the proof that that has been the case and I'd take it back. Seeing how Ryle has played HHS going back years and if they were willing to play HHS they surely weren't afraid to play CCH who was never at HHS caliber the last decade. Maybe schools like Ryle and Cooper and others were waitin for CCH to build up their program to make it worth while. I've never seen any proof that over the years CCH asking Cooper to play.

Nope. Never said that as that is one tired myth always brought up by HHS and CCH fans. Show us the proof that that has been the case and I'd take it back. Seeing how Ryle has played HHS going back years and if they were willing to play HHS they surely weren't afraid to play CCH who was never at HHS caliber the last decade. Maybe schools like Ryle and Cooper and others were waitin for CCH to build up their program to make it worth while. I've never seen any proof that over the years CCH asking Cooper to play.

To be clear CCH has never claimed schools wouldn't play them.

Any fans making said claim, which I've never read, are silly.